LIEBSTER AWARD—Part 1
Thanks, Scribbles to Composition, https://awritershelper.wordpress.com, for nominating me for the Liebster Award. It is my pleasure to join the alumni of this rather nebulous but honorable group of writers!
Now for the answers to questions given to me.
- List 5 things you thought of to write about as you read through this blog post. Okay, here goes the truth about what I thought (although these thoughts may not make good post topics). #1 What am I doing taking on this challenge, when I am already so far behind on writing projects! #2 In addition to not knowing what to do, I won’t know how to do it! #3 I have less than thirty followers, so I certainly qualify on that score. #4 I follow some very good writers, but I bet they have all already won the Liebster. It will be fun to look for more, but it will take some time. #5 Being nominated—what a good luck/bad luck situation. I guess number five would be a topic that I will toss around in my head for a post.
- What is one of my parent’s favorite songs? I’m reaching way back in my memory bank, and I recall how my parents liked to listen to country songs on a Zenith (?) console radio/record player. I remember those old records by Jimmie Rodgers, a country singer (and yodeler, I think). I see online info that he was born in 1897 and died in 1933, so he died shortly before I was born. I guess his music lived on in my home several years after he was gone. Actually my parents favorite songs were gospel songs with four part harmony. A genre I still love.
- Do you like fruit pulp in your juice? Yes. (I was long-winded on Qstns 1 & 2, so this lightens the load a little.)
- What do you think of when I say “wooden spoon?” Two answers: A disciplinary tool and a cake dough licking tool.
- Have you stood on top of a mountain and watched the sunrise? No. Plenty of times I’ve watched through squinted eyes, as I drove to work in the mornings. Thinking again, I did have a date with my beau in the Wichita Mountains on an Easter morning. As I recall, my beau outshone the sun; the sun did not impress me!
- Have you seen something unexplainable, like a UFO or Sasquatch? I’ve seen supernatural spiritual manifestations, specifically healings and glossolalia (speaking in unknown language).
- Which sport team is your favorite? University of Oklahoma
- Have you ever picked up a hitchhiker? No, but I have hitchhiked.
- Which movie star would you want to portray you on the big screen? Oh, man. It would have to be someone who is good. I’m about opposite of any movie star I know! Maybe Ophra, if she could do an old white woman as well as she can an old black woman. Or maybe Jessica Tandy, Driving Miss Daisy, if she can put on fifty pounds! It might help both ladies to know how wonderful life can be without wealth or fame.
So I have completed a part of my acceptance requirements for the Liebster. I’ll be back with the rest before too long, I hope. It doesn’t seem fair to hold out too long in recognizing and thanking my gracious nominator, https://awritershelper.wordpress.com
(Also, I give thanks to https://heavenlyfootsteps.wordpress.com/ for a nomination. I’ll catch up with that set of question in Part 2.)