DENYING THE BUTTERFLY

A conversation in Caterpillar Lane –

Harry:  “I haven’t  seen Legus lately, have you?”

Fuzzy:  “Last I saw him, he had crawled into a pine bark and dried up.  Sure looked dead.”

Harry:  “That’s bad.  He was a good friend.”

Fuzzy:  “They he has moved on to Butterfly Kingdom.  Wherever that is.”

Harry:  “I’ve heard of the place.  But it is filled with butterflies; it’s sure not a place for caterpillars.  I’ve never seen a butterfly in Caterpillar Lane, so, I don’t know about you but personally I just don’t believe there is such a thing as a butterfly.  A butterfly – in Butterfly Kingdom, HA.  Hey Fuzzy, I’m feeling kind of odd.  Sort of like something is wrapping me in a tight bag.  Fuzzy, Fuzzy, can you hear me?….”

Well, we are not caterpillars and Christ is not a butterfly, but listen in to Philippians 3:21..”(Christ} will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.”  Amazing.  Amazing.  Caterpillar to butterfly; mortal body to immortal body.  (1 Corinthians 15:54)  Did I say it before—amazing?

This entry was posted in change, Christianity and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to DENYING THE BUTTERFLY

1. tlizzy says:

We listened to John chapter 7. versus 1-8. thank you for your post! God bless

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

3. Debbie L says:

Great analogy! Love the story of the caterpillar transformed into the butterfly! Just like us. Isn’t God so cool!

If this isn’t a great children’s sermon waiting to be told, I don’t know what would be.

shoreacres, I replied to this yesterday, at least I thought I did. Obviously I goofed since there is no reply here! I probably just hit enter like I do on FB, went to another project and lost it. It did cross my mind that this little story would be nice in a colorful children’s book. We have a very helpful librarian here in our town who writes children’s books (as well as others), I have associated with her through Toastmasters as well as the library. I might run some ideas by her one of these days. Thanks, as always, for your encouragement.

5. Pingback: Denying The Butterfly! | Blogging 101: Alumni

6. This is really nice. I love the comparison. It was really warm

7. Pingback: Brag Board, August 2015 | Paper Beats World

This is great. A story for telling God’s truth to littlies but a powerful reminder to everyone. The hidden regeneration potential of a butterfly. the spirit essence of immortality God’s Gift to us in Christ. You are a treasure.

9. oneta hayes says:

Thank you Faye. You are an encourager for sure. God made you a blessing for many.