LEARNING LADDER

Each decade of my life has brought major lessons:

Birth – 9:   Survival, love, ABC’s

10-19:       Surviving in a bigger bubble, love & mrriage, Jesus

20-29:       Being wife, mother, home making

30-39:       Joys of teens, sports, family

40-49:       Empty nesting, Bible, Career

50-59:       Turning loose: friends, career, houses

60-69:       Adventure:  jobs, higher education, grand-parenting

70-79:       Walking by faith, illness and pain, God’s faithfulness

80- ?:        Writing, climbing stairs, acceptance

Day 2 Assignment, Writing 101, Make a List

This entry was posted in aging and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to LEARNING LADDER

1. Debbie L says:

Love it! Inspiring and succinct!

2. rosemawrites says:

This is such a realistic list! Nice one! 🙂

Hello, I didn’t remember having met you before so I hopped over to check you out. You are a very thoughtful writer. I will enjoy seeing more of your material. There didn’t seem to be much recent activity. Are you now enrolled in a blogging course. Curious about how you found me. Thanks for the comment on Learning Ladder. I’ll watch for more from you.

3. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, did you actually live in a dugout? I read A LANTERN IN HER HAND by Bess Streeter Aldrich, which gave me such insight into the lives of pioneers who existed like that. BTW, I replied to your last comment on my blog. If you did not automatically get it in your email, it is probably because you did not check “Notify me of new comments via email.” I’ve discovered that has to be done even though the person is already following the blogger.

4. oneta hayes says:

Yes, I was born in a dugout. I have a brother two years younger than I. The dugout was on my grandfathers farm, I remember it so it must have been around a few years after we lived in it. I don’t think anyone else lived in it after we moved out. Then my dad did something like sharecropping for a few years. They were so thrilled when they bought their first house. I was about eight. You would probably like my Pete and Amy stories, also “My Daddy was No Whiner.”
    My I wish I could ask my mom some things; things young people don’t consider worth knowing.
    I’ll see if I can find where they are in my archives. And you are on my following list so I am getting your e-mail. I just run behind sometimes.

I’m back, replying to my own reply. I intended to say my brother was also born in the dugout. And my Pete and Amy stories, and Daddy was No Whiner are in April, May, June and August archives. I checked about your book. I see it is on kindle. Happy about that. I get there soon hopefully.