THREE LIFE PRINCIPLES FROM GENESIS

2:19  Work can be interesting and honorable.  God made work for man by having Adam name the animals.  It was only after Adam sinned that God told him he would have to “toil” by the sweat of his brow (3:19).  So when we get to Heaven I believe we will “work” but it will be wonderful.  That will be a part of “serving” God.  Some people might think serving God will be taking him a cup of tea and straightening his royal crown while saying hallelujah.  I think it will be by taking care of all his creation.  (But if I get a chance, I’ll gladly serve him a cup of tea and sing hallelujah.)

5:22-24  God wants to share in your time and activities.  Enoch walked with God.  My goal: To walk with God.  Imagine having on your headstone, “She/he walked with God!”  Whatever you do—butcher, baker, or candlestick maker—you can walk with God.

15:6  Being righteous is believing the Lord, not doing good things; however, if you believe Him, you will love Him; if you love Him, you will do good things.

(writing 101 assignment #17, Mine Your Own Material,  I have used an excerpt from some Bible Study posted on Facebook, Mar. 2013)

This entry was posted in Bible and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to THREE LIFE PRINCIPLES FROM GENESIS

1. Vibrant says:

Nice. Who was Enoch?

Love and light ❤

Anand 🙂

2. oneta hayes says:

Enoch was in the line between Adam and Noah (creation and the flood). He was Noah’s great-grand-father Noah – Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech, Noah. He is mentioned one time in the New Testament (in the book of Jude). There it says Enoch was the seventh from Adam. Many Christians, not all, believe he is one of the two men who appeared with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration – Enoch and Elijah – and that he will appear again “in the last days” as a prophet in Jerusalem. Anyway he is an example to me of the “intimacy” that is possible with God. .

3. Jodee says:

This is a lovely portrayal of what heaven might be like. It makes my mind wander off into a daydream of sorts with thoughts of the kinds of work I’d like to do in heaven. I love music. It would be incredible if I could sing with the angel choir or play music for my King! I’d be happy too just laying at His feet in worship praising Him!

I love that you portray work as a wonderful and fulfilling service to God. We (that is, I) tend to view work as somehow less than enjoyable–now THAT’s just gotta be part of the Fall. In Heaven, that will all be sorted out.

5. oneta hayes says:

Consider this scripture. Ps 128:1,2 Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labor of thine hands:…” I often use that scripture when praying for jobs for people. How blessed we are to “eat the labor of (our own) hands,” rather than to look to some one else for our provisions! I so much admire people who have “humble” jobs but still go about their work thankful and proud to give their best to whatever is open to them. I’m thinking of a forty-something woman who lives in a commune home for disabled people. Her mom comes after her every two weeks to take her home so she can take care of their yard. She is so happy to be able to do that. Also there are people there who are happy to be assigned the job of picking up rugs for washing, emptying ice out of used water glasses, gathering laundry. Oh, the lessons some could teach about trustworthiness. I just keep going; I guess I need to blog this.

6. SarahC says:

Just popping by to visit, sure enjoyed this. Yes work will be better then.

7. What a wonderful site you have here. Have a wonderful week.