ODE TO THE MAP

The Book holds the legend –

Mapping earth’s journey.

Choose “life” not “death” it says,

And hands to you the key.

Follow the Single Lane, it says

While holding up its signs:

Yield, Detour, Stop, and Go.

Stay alert as you follow –

There’s crossroads along the way,

Inviting the tourist in sublime deceit,

to stumble and to sway.

For some the route is long, some short;

Some roads treacherous, some secure.

Follow the Map to your destination

Eternal Life is sure.

(Lesson 5, Form: Ode; Subject: Map; Device: Metaphor)

This entry was posted in Bible and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to ODE TO THE MAP

Good! I posted it on Twitter!

Thank you, dawn. I don’t know how to do that. I boomerang account one time then “froze” with intimidation.

Now how did this auto check change my word to boomerang! Talk about intimidation! I said I opened an account…

• dawnlizjones says:

No,no! We need your influence out there! (See my Vet Day’s post when it come out, please.) I’m not very good at it, but I’m learning. If you feel so inclined, give it another whirl. You can also set up a twitter feed on your blog so that your post automatically goes out to Twitter. It’s a way of letting more people be aware of what you have to offer (which is a lot!)

2. Hayley says:

This is wonderful – and the last line really delivers a beautiful impact. A lovely Ode to following divine guidance xx

3. oneta hayes says:

Thanks, Hayley. He wouldn’t leave us lost.

4. oneta hayes says:

Dawnlizjones, thanks for the encouraging words regarding the twitter situation. I might call for some help some day when I decide to pursue that media. Question: How can you share my Ode poem to twitter audience when the max twitter entry is 140 characters or something like that? See how uninformed I am!