OH, TO BEGIN AGAIN!

Oh, to begin again!

I’d like to teach Bible again.

1. Life principles from the Books of the Law
  2. The Minor Prophets as applied to America
  3. God’s role and relationship with man

I’d like to teach English composition again.

1. Why grammar and punctuation make a difference
  2. The delightful use of just the right words
  3. Body and structure to attain a goal

I’d like to teach Reading again.

1. Mastering encoding and decoding
  2. Answering the question, “Why read?”
  3. Talking back to the author

I’d like to teach people again.

1. Little ones who are open to the magic of discovery
  2. Mid-size who don’t give a rip!
  3. Young adults who already know it all.
  4. Mid-lifers who have learned that they should have learned.
  5. Old folks who find the magic all over again.

Oh, to begin again!

(Lesson Two Writing101, Write a list.)

This entry was posted in teaching and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to OH, TO BEGIN AGAIN!

I’m not a teacher, but this gets an A+!

2. oneta hayes says:

Oh, I like your grading scale!

Begin again…… what a wealth of experience we could carry back in time. You are bringing it ALL forward and continuing the cycle by reminding ALL of us not to lose the value of what’s gone. Forward go and keep inspiring!

Oh, thank you, Faye. I’d love to help pull stories out of the rest of you. I haven’t had great obstacles to overcome in life caused by the vices of others. Perhaps more people will share their overcoming experiences. The only time I ever held a cigarette was when I played hookey in the second grade…oops, that’s another story! But my point is that I never have had hardships like some others. Again a blessing of God keeping his promises to his children!

4. Debbie L says:

We would be honored if you would join us as a guest author in our Blogging Alumni #grammar #weekly series!

Debbie, that sounds interesting. How does that happen? I have read a few blogs relating to use of homonyms and some punctuation. But I hadn’t understood that it was an ongoing activity.

5. luckyjc007 says:

Great post! I especially like….”I’d like to teach people again.” list.

6. Pingback: The Blogger Recognition Award Round Five! | blabberwockying!

On the other hand — don’t we begin again every day? We have to — or else we’d be buried under a pile of [insert the necessary word here: fear, anxiety, frustration, negativity, etc.] What we do today may differ, but how we do it? It’s finding the new ways that counts, I think.

I don’t begin again to teach in any kind of formal setting. I guess in some respects I see a phase of my blogging experience as a teaching opportunity. But I would like a class again in which I could be benefited by past experience and knowledge. I don’t want to begin as a beginner! I would not like to be cut off from the activities I do today. They are rewarding.

8. judyjourneys says:

When I have thoughts about going back, I ask myself if I would go back with what I’ve learned since then or would I have to begin again with me.

9. Hayley says:

I love your list Oneta – and I would love to be one of you’re students of life 🙂 xx

10. you could start an online class

That’s kind of you to make that suggestion. I’m not tech-minded enough to be able to do a class – at least not now. But who knows? Maybe someday. Thanks for the response.