Since my last Awards were issued, I have received three others I would like to give special mention to.
First, from Vibrant at https://blabberwockying.wordpress.com/ I received the Creative Blogger Award. Vibrant doesn’t need much introduction if you have been in this neighborhood of the blogosphere. Many of us got acquainted with him via Word Press University classes, then maintain contact particularly through the blogging alumni group. He is a blogger who is dedicated to helping others. I’ve accused him of never sleeping because it seems he has an answer within minutes of a need. He says he does, and I guess he must because his mind is always sharp and his advice is always sound.
Second, from Pancake Bunnykins http://arealmessybeautifultwistedsunshine.com/ I received the “One Lovely Blog Award.” I’ve missed Pancake Bunnykins in recent weeks. Maybe she has a life outside blogging! Whatever, I hope she will be back soon. Pancake lives up to her name by bringing beauty and sunshine with some novel twists also. I wouldn’t say she’s messy but she is a lot of fun, and generous with her comments.
Third, from TJ’s mom at http://smilingawayfoodallergies.com/ comes a Liebster Award. The love, patience, faith, and experience revealed in this mom’s blogs are very inspiring to me just to watch how she guides her little one through these troublesome times. I’m sure she would be an inspiration to other mothers who are having to deal with medical issues in the lives of their children.
I am passing these awards without many conditions. In fact, I am copying Vibrant’s instructions which are simplified by asking that you tell five facts about yourself rather than answer and ask questions as is sometimes required. Very simply the rules are:
- Nominate a few bloggers and contact them with the amazing news.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Post five (5) facts about yourself.
FIVE FACTS ABOUT ME.
- I was born in a dugout in the southeastern plains of Colorado.
- I graduated high school at the top of the class. Hold the applause -there were only 24 in my class so my odds were pretty good!
- My present husband, Sammy, is my only husband. We have been married 62 years. (Great opportunities for divorce – 135 times. Hold it, I’m joking – a little!)
- I always loved grammar but was scared and very insecure about composition writing. The first real writing began when I was about fifty years old. I wrote an article called “My Case for Sunday School.” It was printed in two church denomination magazines. It was so foreign to my concept of my own ability, I believe it was inspired by God in order to move me to new ministry opportunities.
- I’m a member of Toastmasters, Int. My love for writing and love for speaking go together very well.
STATEMENT ABOUT MY NOMINATION CHOICES:
One goal of the “award” system is help the blogging community to get acquainted with each other. Therefore, I am making my nominations on the basis of people who I do not know very well but I am impressed with my contacts with them. I have added a quote taken from each site in order to pique your interest.
NOW FOR MY NOMINATIONS:
- Collette B. https://colettebates.wordpress.com/ Quote: “I believe my future looks as rosy as the lens through which I view my life today, tomorrow, those far tomorrows….”
- jodee Reverent Devotion http://jodeesturm.com/ Quote: “If you’ve been in church for very long, an old-fashioned, evangelical church that is, you’ve most likely heard this old beloved hymn. There’s nothing but truth in these words either… “To be happy in Jesus, trust and obey.”
- http://wisdomfromafather.com/ Quote: “Ahhhh. Not the answer I was expecting. I needed impartial advice and she thought she was at a guest at a comedy club.”
- https://lavanyasaysblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/ Quote: “the-ageing/A tribute to the ageing parents round the world, wishing them a better life.”
- dawnmarie http://hugsnblessings.com/about/ Quote: “I mostly reflect on how my God helps me in my manners of living, but what about the tools He has given?”
- http://luckyjc007.com/ Quote: “Rob was just your average auto mechanic, but he knew more about sports cars than anyone in town.”
- https://sproutsplice.wordpress.com/ Quote: “Hey! HEY! I was just dropping a package. Hey, come on! Don’t do that!” A once cut jaw softened by sun furrowed,…”
- https://theturtleway.wordpress.com/ Quote: “I started this blog on August 03 with Blogging 101 (Round 1) knowing nothing about blogs – except that I liked to read them…”
- https://rebeccawhitman.wordpress.com/2015/08/20/the-place-nobody-wants-to-go/?replytocom=58#respond Quote: “There is a little white folding chair in a little white room behind a little white wall that you do not want to sit in.”
There you are for this time, dear friends. Continue reading, writing, and commenting and hop over to make new visits. As always, I hope you pass my place on the way over to the neighbors – or on the way back.
(I’m not at all confident that my linking is going to work. They are underlined and blue, so I guess so. If they don’t work automatically, copy and paste and patiently wait for me to learn more about the technological aspects of this blogging business!)