THREE AWARDS TO….

Since  my last Awards were issued, I have received three others I would like to give special mention to.

creative_blogger

First,  from Vibrant at https://blabberwockying.wordpress.com/ I received the Creative Blogger Award.  Vibrant doesn’t need much introduction if you have been in this neighborhood of the blogosphere.  Many of us got acquainted with him via Word Press University classes, then maintain contact particularly through the blogging alumni group.  He is a blogger who is dedicated to helping others.  I’ve accused him of never sleeping because it seems he has an answer within minutes of a need.  He says he does, and I guess he must because his mind is always sharp and his advice is always sound.

one-lovely-blog-award1

Second, from Pancake Bunnykins http://arealmessybeautifultwistedsunshine.com/ I received the “One Lovely Blog Award.”  I’ve missed Pancake Bunnykins in recent weeks.  Maybe she has a life outside blogging!  Whatever, I hope she will be back soon. Pancake lives up to her name by bringing beauty and sunshine with some novel twists also. I wouldn’t say she’s messy but she is a lot of fun, and generous with her comments.

liebster

Third, from TJ’s mom at http://smilingawayfoodallergies.com/ comes a Liebster Award.  The love, patience, faith, and experience revealed in this mom’s blogs are very inspiring to me just to watch how she guides her little one through these troublesome times.  I’m sure she would be an inspiration to other mothers who are having to deal with medical issues in the lives of their children.

I am passing these awards without many conditions.  In fact, I am copying Vibrant’s instructions which are simplified by asking that you tell five facts about yourself rather than answer and ask questions as is sometimes required.  Very simply the rules are:

1. Nominate a few bloggers and contact them with the amazing news.
  2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
  3. Post five (5) facts about yourself.

FIVE FACTS ABOUT ME.

1.  I was born in a dugout in the southeastern plains of Colorado.
  2.  I graduated high school at the top of the class.   Hold the applause -there were only 24 in my class so my odds were pretty good!
  3. My present husband, Sammy, is my only husband.  We have been married 62 years.  (Great opportunities for divorce – 135 times.  Hold it, I’m joking – a little!)
  4. I always loved grammar but was scared and very insecure about composition  writing.  The first real writing began when I was about fifty years old.  I wrote an article called “My Case for Sunday School.”  It was printed in two church denomination magazines.  It was so foreign to my concept of my own ability, I believe it was inspired by God in order to move me to new ministry opportunities.
  5. I’m a member of Toastmasters, Int.  My love for writing and love for speaking go together very well.

STATEMENT ABOUT MY NOMINATION CHOICES:

One goal of the “award” system is help the blogging community to get acquainted with each other.  Therefore, I am making my nominations on the basis of people who I do not know very well but I am impressed with my contacts with them.  I have added a quote taken from each site in order to pique your interest.

NOW FOR MY NOMINATIONS:

1.  Collette B.  https://colettebates.wordpress.com/ Quote:  “I believe my future looks as rosy as the lens through which I view my life today, tomorrow, those far tomorrows….”
  2. jodee Reverent Devotion http://jodeesturm.com/  Quote:  “If you’ve been in church for very long, an old-fashioned, evangelical church that is, you’ve most likely heard this old beloved hymn.  There’s nothing but truth in these words either… “To be happy in Jesus, trust and obey.”
  3. http://wisdomfromafather.com/  Quote:  “Ahhhh. Not the answer I was expecting. I needed impartial advice and she thought she was at a guest at a comedy club.”
  4. https://lavanyasaysblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/06/  Quote: “the-ageing/A tribute to the ageing parents round the world, wishing them a better life.”
  5. dawnmarie  http://hugsnblessings.com/about/  Quote:  “I mostly reflect on how my God helps me in my manners of living, but what about the tools He has given?”
  6. http://luckyjc007.com/  Quote:  “Rob was just your average auto mechanic, but he knew more about sports cars than anyone in town.”
  7. https://sproutsplice.wordpress.com/  Quote:  “Hey!  HEY!  I was just dropping a package.  Hey, come on! Don’t do that!” A once cut jaw softened by sun furrowed,…”
  8. https://theturtleway.wordpress.com/  Quote:  “I started this blog on August 03 with Blogging 101 (Round 1) knowing nothing about blogs – except that I liked to read them…”
  9. https://rebeccawhitman.wordpress.com/2015/08/20/the-place-nobody-wants-to-go/?replytocom=58#respond  Quote:  “There is a little white folding chair in a little white room behind a little white wall that you do not want to sit in.”

There you are for this time, dear friends.  Continue reading, writing, and commenting and hop over to make new visits.  As always, I hope you pass my place on the way over to the neighbors – or on the way back.

(I’m not at all confident that my linking is going to work.  They are underlined and blue, so I guess so.  If they don’t work automatically, copy and paste and patiently wait for me to learn more about the technological aspects of this blogging business!)

This entry was posted in awards and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to THREE AWARDS TO….

Cathy, I’m going to have to watch out for you more often. I see you on “alumni” occasionally but some how I’ve missed getting your posts. I know you are an encourager to the blogging community; I see comments. Are you writing? I guess I need to go to your site and see if I am following correctly. Good idea. I’m on my way. And thanks.

Cathy, I did check it out. Some good stuff there; I’d like to spend more time with you but I did not find a follow button. I guess that has been my problem. Can you steer me in the right direction?

• Thank you so much! I write every day! I signed up for the latest WordPress U course but I was somehow missed and it has started without me. I’ll look for the next one.

Cathy, I went back again and I cannot find how to follow you. It might be easy but for some reason I’m not finding. I did find blogs you follow. You are an interesting writer.I’m behind my assignments in writing101. Haven’t given up yet but I’ve missed more than I’m completed. That’s not good. It takes me a long time to do the “awards” thing, then when I get behind I get less motivated. You probably know what I mean. And I really enjoy my “reading” side of blogging. And as you can see I get carried away with comments also taking time! I’ll be around. See you.

1. Hayley says:

Well deserved Oneta – I loved reading your facts – wow! 62 years of marriage is an inspiration to many! What is your recipe? I’m guessing a pinch of dedication, a cup of commitment, a heap of patience…and a whole jug of love? 😉 ❤

I’m glad you gave the answer for me. I could not have worded it so well. One might need to use a gallon of commitment, eliminate pride even if it has to go a teaspoon at a time. The vacuum will be filled with humility with its ability to say “I’m sorry.” Hope there is a way for your daddy to know what a delightful girl you are. If he doesn’t now there will be a “reward” day in Heaven. He will be your main cheerleader as the Lord give out rewards for things well done.

• Hayley says:

Oneta that brought a tear to my eye! Thank you for your kindness and beautiful words. And I shall be storing your recipe for lasting marriage on my top shelf in hope that I too, shall have a long and successful marriage when my time comes to be wed xx

I just love your commentary. I also love your little bio on this piece, so you’ll probably find it with your poem when that goes up! I’ll be checking out some of these blogs!

3. Faye Roots says:

Congratulations! Your writing is an inspiration. You share your life with beauty, passion and humour. Thank you. I rarely write about my life but also KNOW the true value of what commitment and weathering the storms of life with love and a partner contributes to this LIFE. For Dave and I its only 45 years. I doubt we could ever make 60years. (We did not marry until our latter 20’s). Cheers!

4. oneta hayes says:

If you are blessed with long life, you will look back and say, “How could it have gone so fast.” Your statement of “only 45 years” indicates that you and Dave have also learned to submit to each other for the sake of overall good. The Bible speaks of relationships “as iron sharpeneth iron;” that experience achieves a growth of spiritual fruits and does indeed sometime work out some Christlike characteristics in us. Sometimes it seems oh so slow, however. But since I suppose only death brings the end, I will choose growth even though it sometimes feels like growing pains!

5. izabolinha says:

Congratulations (but oh! on so many things…not only on your awards) and thank you for mentioning my blog 🙂
    And I see hope for my writing …if you just started at fifty , I am just 3 years behind , the only problem is that I am very slow going 😉
    And thank you also for all these blogs that I have to go visit right now.
    Turtle Hugs

6. Oh my word! 62 years! My respects my lady 😊 Congratulations

7. Colette B says:

Hallo Oneta, congratulations on your awards and thank you for the nomination – my apologies that I have only just realised while visiting to catch up with your latest posts. I am quite behind at the moment with getting my awards posts made but will add this one to that to-do list. Thank you again and very best wishes to you 🙂

8. oneta hayes says:

Colette, I do sooo understand. I have begun a folder called “awards” where I send my e-mail so I can catch up that way near the first of each month. At least I try. Another thing I send there is some posts that have a list of “awesome” bloggers, which are written by bloggers in whom I have lots of confidence. I hope to find new friends in that way. Another monthly goal. And it also serves as a place to store posts from bloggers whom I wish to nominate for awards. It just gets too time consuming to do all these things peicemeal. Helpful to me, maybe to you also. I do this in my e-mail folder. I guess I could do it “bookmark” if I knew how, but don’t.