PETE AND AMY STORY – #4 Quote Challenge

frying pan

I’m starting my Three Quote Challenge with a well known quote from the Bible, I Cor. 13:4.  “Charity suffereth long, and is kind . . .” by relating an incident from Pete and Amy.

Amy had a skillet . . . a Teflon skillet . . . a welcome addition to her kitchen duties. The skillet was well worn and probably time had come for it to be discarded. However, it was still among her cooking pans.

When she returned from town one day, a smiling Pete triumphantly held up a bright and shining skillet for her admiration.  Alas, he was showing her a shining silver aluminum pan which he had so diligently scrubbed removing all the Teflon lining. Amy, with good grace, didn’t have the heart tell him he had removed all the Teflon from the skillet.

Moral:  Charity suffered long by scrubbing that skillet, and charity was kind by Amy accepting her nice shinny pan.

————-

I am carrying the baton for the Three Quotes Challenge.  The baton was passed to me by Jacque.  Seems like  everybody knows Jacque, Hop over and get acquainted if you do not.  She’ll become your daily fix.  http://acookingpotandtwistedtales.com/2015/11/12/are-you-overlooking-the-small-clay-pot/

This entry was posted in Pete and Amy, quote challenge and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to PETE AND AMY STORY – #4 Quote Challenge

1. izabolinha says:

Very good ! and thank you for alerting me for Jacques – that I had already met before …everyone knows her , right ? – but somehow I was not following yet and thus enjoying regularly.

2. Fayeoots says:

Thank you. Don’t have time sadly to connect with all these writing challenges etc. Very interesting no doubt but surprisingly time consuming when focus prayer, life, and looking for beauty and sometimes colouring or taking photos takes up a lot of the day. Love your posts. Onega

Yes, Faye, I understand. I have been determined to read all my mail and answer if needed. It is time consuming. You have a goal and are doing a good job with your blog. I’m still very hit and miss, but so far I keep trying to more than I really have time for! Where I generally fail, is in signing up for U. courses them getting behind and giving up (as I have done this month). I’m still reading but I’m doing more “likes” and less comments than before. However, I feel like the time is well spent.

3. I love how you related this quote to an everyday life occurrence. I can picture my children or husband scrubbing my pan with such vigorous helpfulness, which they have done before and I didn’t have the heart to say anything 😁. Now I will think of the quote like this. Thanks my lady. Have a blessed day.

4. oneta hayes says:

I sort of let my pans get messy with fried on grease. I don’t take the pains to do them right. I have family who have pots for many years and still they scrub them diligently keeping them shiny clean. My little great granddaughters (five and seven) love to wash dishes. They make such a bit production of it, I get impatient and tell them they have wiped that spoon enough! I dislike myself for doing it. They have a great time with the water, and I’m just anxious for them to get through. That’s bad. I should take another look at mother’s heart for daddy’s work!

5. Vibrant says:

Interesting story and quote. Thanks for sharing with us 🙂

Love and light ❤

Anand 🙂

6. Anand says:

That was about to happen in my kitchen… wifey lacks Amy’s grace so I am glad it didn’t happen.