‘TIS THE SEASON

coffee

Tis the season to be jolly

Drop donut crumbs and spill the coffee!

“Alas, alas,” the new carpet cried,

“Somebody do something,”  –  So the church board tried.

Got out their pens and with much chagrin

Wrote “Fifteen Rules for All to Heed”

But, alas, again!

The people in that congregation

Could not, would not, did not read.

Well, the pastor made a recommendation

Call the King James Council of Arbitration.

After much negotiation, with relief and much elation.

They passed the following decree

And posted it for all to see.

Thou shalt carry thy coffee in steady cup,

Lo! Thou shalt balance it carefully to keep it up.

And, thou shalt not tread on thy gooey bread.

“Give it to us in NIV,” responded the Refreshment Committee.

Still the problem had not been solved.

Who should be involved?  What should be resolved?

“What shall we do about dropping crumbs,

Slopping coffee, and sticky goo?”

So the problem was given to the Common Sense Board

And, all together, in one accord,

They put on their thinking hats,

Submitted one rule.  “DON’T DO THAT!”

This entry was posted in common sense, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to ‘TIS THE SEASON

1. artseafartsea says:

Loved your poem!

Again fun. Loved your poem. I love all your writing.

3. Vibrant says:

Reblogged this on blabberwockying! and commented:
    I loved reading this funny poem by Oneta. I hope you will also enjoy it!

Thanks, Oneta ❤

4. Vibrant says:

I loved reading it and I have shared it on my blog as well as on social media 🙂

Love and light ❤

Anand 🙂

You mean there is still such a thing as common sense??! Love your sense of humor!

6. calensariel says:

Sounds like typical church behavior to me. (From a Methodist perspective anyway! LOL)

Oh, I think it would be quite applicable in many party situations. However, the translations would not be the ones I mentions. The committees work the same. It is nice to meet you. Hope you will come my way more often. I’m going over to check your blog. Hope I find a clue to the meaning of your name.

7. oneta hayes says:

Your chance of finding some is often in people you might overlook; often because we are so busy looking at the people who don’t have any!

common sense? So often overlooked because eyes are searching for the shiny and brightly self-focussed. Common sense often is the hidden engine that keeps the home ship from sinking.

9. amanpan says:

This made me smile. I love it!