THE THRILL OF AWARDS

Getting awards is quite a thrill.  They indicate your blog got over the hill.

You became a blogger, thinking writing is what you do.  But then you find that you do lots of reading too.

Seems like other blogs are filled with widgets of awards,  and you wonder, “Will anyone ever give ME such rewards?”………..

Well, My Fellow Bloggers, it does happen, and it is a thrill.  And I now have some I would like to recognize, and give thanks for.  At this point I am not passing the awards.  Just saying a big thank you to the givers.

THE INFINITY DREAMS BLOG AWARD – I received this award from TJ’s Mom at smilingawayfoodallergies.com There you will find lots of information and good advice based on real life situations regarding allergies.  TJ and Mom are overcomers, and have the ability to inspire others with much encouragement.

the infinity dreams award

REAL NEAT BLOG AWARD and VERSATILE BLOG AWARD THIRD ROUND– Vibrant has passed me two awards.  Most of my readers know Vibrant, the social mixer who often plays host to all who need a friend.  If you get acquainted with Vibrant, he will see that you are comfortable in the blogging world!  https://blabberwockying.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/the-blogger-recognition-award-round-five/

real neat blog awardversatile blogger 3

THANK YOU  to two excellent bloggers, TJ’s mom and Vibrant.  If you don’t know them, go to their blogs and get acquainted.

Hopefully, I can come back at a later time and find other bloggers to nominate for these awards.  I really do not have a large number of followers.  Receiving and passing on awards is very time consuming so I do not want to be repetitious is making awards to my wonderful group of friends.  I am pretty much determined to get better acquainted with several new contacts and I am sure I will have new bloggers I can nominate after a while.  Rules generally ask for seven to fifteen nominations.  I find that difficult without overloading my readers.  No reason why I can’t just grab these awards up along the way and award to three or four people at a time, is there?

This entry was posted in awards and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to THE THRILL OF AWARDS

1. izabolinha says:

Oh the Awards ! Such a thrill for me too 😉 until I remember that to honour them I do have to nominate people , and that is absolute torture for me 😦
    Congratulations Onetta on your awards 🙂
    Turtle Hugs

2. izabolinha says:

Oh I am sorry , Oneta .

3. oneta hayes says:

Ha, so you understand! I’ll shoot one over to you – or would you like all three? They only asked for seven, eleven, fifteen nominations; that a total of thirty-three friends with systems that are already overloaded! I dead holed them for a while, until I get some more friends.

4. oneta hayes says:

Besides I don’t know how to decorate my blog with them. I just watch them fade softly into the sunset! But if you send me one, I’ll love it and say thanks. 😀 😀 😀

• shoreacres says:

If you want to display your awards on your sidebar, I can send along the instructions. Many people use a separate page, since loading up your main page with them tends to slow down page loading. That’s why I eliminated nearly everything from my sidebar — to speed things up. but either is fine, and both are easy.

Thanks, Linda. I would like the instructions. The items that are now in the sidebar were automatic or some dear soul from WP helped out. I’m a pretty fast learner when I get around to it; problem is I am generally quite slow at getting around to it! Think I am ready for a new lesson.

5. Vibrant says:

Thanks for the acknowledgement and kind words Oneta 🙂

Love and light ❤

Anand 🙂

OK-doke. Here we go.

First, hover over “My Site” on the left-hand side of the page, and click on WP Admin on the drop-down menu. When that opens, look a ways down the list for the paintbrush icon that’s labeled “appearance.”

Click on “appearance,” and then on “widgets.” On the left of the widget page, there’s a whole list of ones you can use. Look for the one that says “Image.” Slide it into the slot on the right where you want it, then click to open. The image URL would be the one for the badge. It looks like you’re hosting photos in the WP gallery, so just use that URL. The size of the images in my sidebar is 115 x 115 pixels. You can figure out what works best for you.

You also can insert a “link URL” if you want people to be able to cick back to the blog that gave you the award.

That’s al there is to it.

While you’re at it, and while you have the widget page open, you ought to be able to take out the duplicates that you have. All you have to do is click the little arrow on any duplicate, like “Categories.” It will open up. Then, click “delete” and “save”. Poof!

If you have any questions, let me know.

7. oneta hayes says:

Thank you, Linda. I printed instructions so I see them easily. Will give it a try. Sounds simple; therefore, possible – nothing technical is ever simple for me! I’m always ready to try “possible.” Thank you.

8. Tasha says:

I meant to comment last night but for some reason was unable to!!! Congrats on not just one, but TWO awards!! It was nice to make your acquaintance!