JESUS ASKED, WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?

spotlight

SPOTLIGHTING JESUS – the star of the Christmas story.

Mark 8:29  Jesus asked Peter, ““Who do you say that I am?”  That has been a crucial question for two thousand years.  I agree with Peter when he said, “Thou art the Christ…”  In  essay I consider the names and terms St. John uses to describe Jesus in the first chapter of his Gospel in the New Testament.  These names/terms can teach us much about the Jesus  – Word, God, Light, Jesus Christ, Lord, Jesus, Lamb of God, Son of God, Rabbi, Master, Messias, Christ, Jesus of Nazareth, son of Joseph, King of Israel, Son of man.  Those I found (in KJ), did I miss any?

The complete essay is on static page under menu title “Jesus.”  It is about 2500 words.  Hope it will be of value to you.  https://onetahayes.com/jesus/

This entry was posted in Christianity, Jesus only way and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to JESUS ASKED, WHO DO YOU SAY I AM?

Thank you for blog and info. Truth is the one name I am currently researching. In Him there is no deception. What ever you learn keep sharing.. I’m (focussing on the Christ IN us) at present . Your blog keeps inspiring in all sorts of ways. x

2. Vibrant says:

I have known it for some time that Jesus is known as logos–the manifestation of word of God in Christianity. Do you know Sant Mat masters consider that all masters are manifestation of word of God?

I feel everything is manifestation of word of God. But positivity and light is specially considered to be manifested from logos. Now those who are most positives, like Jesus, Buddha, Krishna or Zoroaster are more so than the rest of us 🙂

The sects need to have affirmation that their masters and avatars are the only ones. Hindus will say Krishna is the only God(like Rama and a few others) and Christians will say Jesus is the only son of the God. It’s so because a faith can’t advance very much if it is open too much. It kind of dissolves. That is why all faiths take a closed outlook since their inception 🙂

Love and light ❤

Anand 🙂

Vibrant, I am so glad you have been able to gain some personal peace in your journey toward peace and light. Of course, I would not be honest with you if I said I think you have discovered truth to this point, but I am being honest in my appreciation of your pursuit. I understand that many people can agree with me up to the “Jesus is the only way” status. But I am fixing my faith, hope, and firm belief in the Bible, and that is what it says. I must have a foundation that has endured through much trial. Others have also? Perhaps. You had a discussion with someone about a week ago, who could not understand your definition of love. You maintained that you could love many (perhaps even those you do not know well – my understanding, I may have missed a bit), but I understand well what you mean. This old grandmother’s heart certainly has a measure of love in it for you. Continue your path and pursuit. – Hoping you will find Jesus at the end! How could I wish less for you. Love and light back to you. 😀 😀 You taught me how to make smiley face; now I need red heart!

3. Debbie L says:

Amen! He’s my Lord and Savior!

4. That’s correct! My Truth and Light.

5. oneta hayes says:

Lovely Jacque. You are blessing to so many. Thank you for commenting. That is food for the blogger’s soul, you know!

What a beautiful reply a few lines above. Your speech is truly full of grace and truth.