BROKEN HEART

broken heart

My love for you, must go my dear;

It’s diet time, this time of year.

I’ll see you later, have no fear;

I’ll hold you close and keep you near.

I know for now, we have no cheer,

But my resolution will soon disappear.

This entry was posted in resolution and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to BROKEN HEART

Haha!! Retweeted and FB’d this one! Oh, yes. Oh, yes.

2. SarahC says:

well , moderation i say . and happy new year dear!

3. izabolinha says:

No, no, no !
    No diet here until January the 6th 😉 Well , there still might be some leftovers around after the celebration of The Three Wise Men on the 6th I’m afraid
    Turtle Hugs 🙂

4. Kat Myrman says:

Ha! I could never give up chocolate! Here’s to a happy new year and broken resolutions!

5. All the sweet stuff. Oh la la my love. We have to part for a while, it’s a must. You just made me smile Oneta 🙂

I seem to have a lot of understanding readers today. Nineteen likes in little more than three hours. That’s a record for me! But really, is all the sweet stuff out for you? If so, that’s commitment – for some duration. Have you read that funny line – “I’ve broken my record. I just completed a three-week diet in three hours and forty minutes”? Wish that had been original with me.

6. artseafartsea says:

Brought a smile to my face. I am numbered among the chocoholics.

7. Dawn Marie says:

giggles!! i’m beginning my good-byes Jan 11th with a fond-fare-thee-well! hugs!

Yes any thoughts of diet or waistline wait until the 6th January. After the celebration of the coming of the three wise men I too seek after Wisdom and act accordingly. Thank you Oneta I hope you and your chocolate do reunite. (my doctor says a square of dark chocolate each day is beneficial) that is my after Christmas ‘lifeline’. By then all the rumballs have been eaten too! Cheers!

How far would I have to go to find that doctor? Seriously I believe a bit would be good for one. The “bit” part is my waterloo. I hadn’t heard the part about waiting until after the sixth before these comments. Maybe my problem is that I start too early. 😀

9. Joy Velazco says:

🙂 I was put on a diet a couple of weeks ago, it was no fun, lots of resistance on my part. But I think I’m doing better now 🙂 it’s for my health.

Ooo, Joy. You aren’t in a joking mood for dieting, are you? I don’t blame you. Having eating health problems is not a joking matter. I had a hernia in 2012 that was a horrible experience. I could eat anything but couldn’t keep it down. I lost about sixty pounds from April-November. Awful. Bad news is that I have gained about fifty of it back! Chocolate is a minor part of the problem.

10. pamkirst2014 says:

Oh, I’m having the same kind of break-up issues!!!

11. vronlacroix says:

Know that feeling very well!

12. xaranahara says:

Yep. That’s my attitude toward having a broken heart, too. You write great poems, which is why I nominated you for the “One Lovely Blog” Award: https://xaranahara.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/one-lovely-blog-award-brought-to-you-lastly-by-xara-nahara-oconnor/