RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW

Christmas, company, child care, power outages –

Over two hundred e-mails behind.

I’ve been reading and writing,

Only forty-two more to go!

My multi-tasking mind is dealing with teaching tomorrow.

Material has been prepared for two weeks.

No church last week; we were iced in.

Must get up early to review and renew,

No serving stale bread in place of the Bread of Life!

Sounds of War and Remembrance from the den

Where my husband is reliving fears and dreams –

A World War II nine-year-old living in London during the blitz

I need not explain, he survived – and revived – and got me!

And I sit and read and WRITE – HERE AND NOW!

(Daily Post prompt, Michele W)

This entry was posted in blogging and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW

A power outage? Uh-oh. Was it ice? Obviously, it’s been repaired. Of all the things that can distress me in life, power outages are near the top of the list. On the other hand, that email box could get to me, too. You’re probably down to thirty by now. Carry on!

Nope, it’s fifty-five now. But you know if it weren’t growing some because I posted I would be down in the mouth. Besides I think all my blog friends resolved to publish a new post today! I gotta have food in the form of contacts; otherwise, blogging would be so lonely. Hubby went to bed. I cannot do all of them tonight; I was very serious about being fresh in the morning. I can’t look like the old lady in the group! On the other hand, I can’t not look like the old lady in the group! Fact of life, I’m the old lady in the group. Grin and bear it!

2. Vibrant says:

Oh I enjoyed reading your take on the prompt, Oneta 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

Love and light ❤

Anand 🙂

3. Just want to say keep blogging your a blessing yo many. Also thank you for liking my blog..😊

Thank you. Your words are inspiring. I know you a a help to many people who are or have battled cancer. My husband is a two times, ten-years free cancer survivor. I am so thankful.

• Well to hear you say that gives me hope. That I go can be a 10 year survivor. Can I ask, did he change his diet? Lifestyle habits? Thanks so much for your encouraging words.. 😊

My husband has been very health conscious for many years. He taught pre-med courses to nurses and was very strict to live what he preached! No alcohol, no tobacco, lots of activity, disciplined diet. So the issue was not one of life style. Actually he is more than ten year survivor. He had one colon surgery with chemo in 2000 and the other one in 2001; that’s fifteen years, isn’t it? He is still going strong at eight-six years old, except for having shingles since before Thanksgiving. Improving though, he did go to tap dancing this morning. Watching TV right now, however!

4. That’s a lot of right here right now!!! I enjoyed the flow in your poetry. Looking forward to more of your posts! Happy New Years!
    Maria