IMMORTAL SOUL

soul

The immortal soul is eternal,

With spirit form that’s supernal.

Some deny its reality,

Believing all is mortality.

The fleshly home is the soul’s external.

————

https://mindandlifematters.wordpress.com/limerick-poetry-challenge/   Week 2, subject “immortal”

This entry was posted in eternal life and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to IMMORTAL SOUL

1. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, I just finished reading Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander. Your poem fits his afterlife experience perfectly, in my opinion.

I haven’t heard of it. You apparently liked it and found it to be authentic? It is sad how so many neglect preparing for eternal life.

• judyjourneys says:

Yes, I do believe him. He is a neurosurgeon and had taken only a scientific approach at life–not spiritual.

Sounds good. I do believe some of this kind of stuff happens. I was awfully near it. I value your opinion. I’ll see if I can get it. Thanks.

• judyjourneys says:

When were you “awfully near it?”

Judy, on my About I have a page called “Why Me, Lord” which relates to a major-sized crisis. Perhaps you have read it. I just now reread it and see that I made no attempt to describe what was happening to me during that fourteen hour surgery and those four days during which I was kept in a medical coma. It was rather difficult to process at that time. I’m pretty sure I have it written somewhere, if not, I need to. That is the time that I referred to in my statement that “I was awfully near it.” I will try to add that part to my “About” now that you have drawn my attention to it. It is a terribly personal and intimate time which I would not throw out into the blogosphere which was very new to me. Now I trust my blogging friends and believe many know me well enough to know I would not lie and I am sane enough to know reality from deception. I did not “go to Heaven” in the sense that others testify has happened to them, but it was a strange, confusing, and in some ways, marvelous experience. If I decide against blogging it, perhaps I can e-mail you anyway. I’ll put it on my “to do” list.

• judyjourneys says:

Oneta, thank you for sharing that. My email address for any reason you would like to contact me is jhsimon@consolidated.net.
                Eben Alexander, the author of Proof of Heaven, was in a coma also. His was for six or seven days. I think you might find some things in common with your separate experiences. BTW, you can get his book in paperback or hardcover for a penny plus $3.99 shipping sometimes. My husband has already ordered five to give away.

2. The fleshly home is truly the Soul’s external 🙂 I like this

Thank you. Some slogan says to wear the world as a loose garment; I say we should have that feeling about our flesh. Wear it as a loose garment, one easily cast aside when it is time to change. Give less pain in the birth of our new life than we gave our mothers when coming here! However, I’ll probably yell, “I’m not ready yet.”

3. Hayley says:

Yes! We are eternal, beautiful Oneta ❤ Isn't that just wonderful? xx

4. oneta hayes says:

I guess we just crossed paths in cyber-sphere. I just returned to my e-mail from reading your “Dear Dad” and here is a new note from you. Your “Dear Dad” really gets to me! Your a wonderful writer. God gifted! Thanks for words on “Immortal Soul.”

Yes we are eternal beautiful Oneta. It is the most wonderful Gift in this life. In the beginning no matter how many millions of years ago that was far beyond even what the Bible records if you like yet the beginning was SPIRIT. He God is SPIRIT. We too are spirit and where we spend eternity is our choice…..follow the ONE who came to lead or go (wherever). Tha’st why we needed a Saviour. Relationship with God through His Spirit eternally. Soul…yep we all have souls……that’s where all the unique stuff that makes us human resides ..personality reactions etc. etc. soul that’s a theological big question. Trouble is a lot of people want the spirit and the soul to be one like spirit/soul of a person. Not me any more Spirit is God’s place in me. Soul is where I still make heaps of mistakes and need forgiveness. Body is falling to pieces. Spirit is expanding as eternity gets closer and soul still yearns for the stuff of earth. (sorry about this reply…you triggered something. I deal in so many places with a church that denies the importance of a God who is three PERSONS.

6. oneta hayes says:

Thanks, Faye, for the considered reply to my limerick. I am definitely Trinity in my belief. But we probably disagree some on soul and spirit. I disagree that the “spirit” can be saved but the “soul/body” as a separate unity continue to sin. I think we are most blessed to have had our sins redeemed/paid for by Jesus Christ, and we are responsible to “walk in light as much as possible,” with the assurance that he continues to intercede to the Father for our forgiveness as we are instructed to do in the Lord’s model prayer. I think a lot depends on one’s understanding of words/ semantics. And I definitely do not think we will ever be refused forgiveness because we don’t have just the right understanding of a word. One thing I want – is that the whole “me” is intimately acquainted with Jesus.

7. ranu802 says:

Great stuff, Oneta. 🙂

8. Pat Frost says:

Very nice poem.

9. Colette B says:

You express yourself so well Oneta – you are amazing and so is your limerick 🙂

10. Andrew says:

Short, sweet, and eternally TRUE.

(As it should be…)

11. Indira says:

Excellent, poem. Congrats.

12. xaranahara says:

You succeeded in your limerick challenge. Bravo.