EASTER AWAITS

tomb

Saturday – Grave sealed,

Tomorrow yet unopened

Bleakness of despair.

This entry was posted in Christianity, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to EASTER AWAITS

1. calensariel says:

Very nice! I see you like haiku, too. I play around with it from time to time.

Yes, I like haiku. It seems to force me to very deliberately choose my words. At first my first line was “Saturday – despair” but writing the second line with ” . . ..unopened” I decided I would like an opposite, so I went for sealed. The point is that one must be precise for a reason in haiku. Thanks for the comment.

2. Salvageable says:

Well stated. While he rested, his friends wondered. The work was finished, and the reward was just a few hours away. Have a great Easter. J.

Salvageable, thanks for your response. The disciples needed to remember that Jesus said he would be raised (statement about the temple being rebuilt in three days). We can see so much clearer on hindsight. He said he will be coming again also, but many do not live as if they remember that promise.

Even though it’s Easter morn, there’s reason enough to remember the entire story. Your haiku captures that Saturday waiting, beautifully.

I’ve just returned from Easter morning service. I had the pleasure of singing with the choir, “It Is Finished.” I have changed churches in the last year largely because I wanted to be in a small group again, and with a more traditional church that still has choir cantatas. I enjoy that. They still had the Easter egg hunt after church. Regarding Saturday for the disciples – they must have been crestfallen. They had such high hopes, and it seemed that all was lost. But the resurrection sure gave a turn around. I taught my class about the change in the disciples, the expansion of the gospel into far places, and their testimonies to the end – which culminated in death to almost all of them, but “life” to the world.