Angry Andrew

angry Andrew

He was known as Angry Andrew;

Any mistake and his temper flew.

People stepped aside,

Until the day he died

Without a friend to bid him adieu.

————–

I picked up my five and seven year old great-granddaughters for a hundred mile ride today.  We had a bit of fun with Angry Andrew.  Grandma threw in a bit of character study and a moral lesson regarding being nice and having friends, as well as new vocabulary words with “bid him adieu.”  Angry Andrew reminded them of a boy who always acts up and doesn’t have friends  I enjoy having them as a captive audience.  Oh another thing, they tried lots of fooling me because of April Fool’s Day.  So I’m on with a lesson again – but I knew better than to call it that.  Anyway it was good to reinforce the difference in telling things not true today and telling lies on other days.  They caught me off guard a few times.  That part of the day was great; some of the rest was rather iffy.

This entry was posted in education, grandmother, poetry, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Angry Andrew

1. Judy Martin says:

I loved t that limerick Oneta, and it is a great lesson too! 🙂

2. calensariel says:

Holy cow! They rode 100 miles on their bikes, Oneta?

3. Rose says:

How wonderful that your great grandchildren have you in their lives to teach such important lessons. I like the idea of using Angry Andrew. If you don’t mid, I will be borrowing this lesson.

I know a certain little boy who was miffed because his mother asked him if he’d like brownies for breakfast, yesterday. After he squealed, “Yes!” she handed him a piece of paper with about a hundred of the letter “E” printed in brown ink. Brown Es. Bad mama. 🙂

Oh, Mama! That would be fun, but I would have a plate of brownies for a follow up. Unless the little fellow was needing a dose of his own medicine for some reason; then the lesson might be quite appropriate.

Like the lesson of Angry Andrew. A great way to teach your young ones. Did you hear about the junior school where they let loose some pigs in the playground on April 1. They found three with numbers 1,2 and 4 on their little rumps. Apparently the kids spent hours trying to find pig 3. The joke was there were only three pigs to find. There was no pig with a number 3 on it. (not sure what the lesson in that one is). Thanks for blog.