ME AND A LIST

Hopefully, I’m fulfilling two writing commitments with this post.

1.  For Day 2 of Everyday Inspiration – Write a List
  2. For #RevofKindness this week I am to write ten things I like about myself

As I told you Thursday I had not been able to think of more than three good things about me.  Well, I tried again before sleeping last night and didn’t get much further.  I did think about saying I grow good fingernails, but truth is I used to grow good fingernails but not now so I can’t say that.  Anyway, here goes:

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MYSELF

1.  I’m not in deep depression because my fingernails won’t grow.
  2. My toenails look pretty good after an hour in the footwash.
  3. My hair is not gray.
  4. I’m self disciplined so I don’t eat everything I want to eat.
  5. I go to sleep at the drop of a hat.
  6. I’m a good driver, except for hitting that parked car in the Walmart lot.
  7. I have quick reflexes as evidenced by quickly dropping the hot hair roller when I pick it up by the wrong end.
  8. I can pass most Face Book quizzes.
  9. I’m a good listener up to about 65 seconds.
  10. I’m not bothered by the need to vacuum every day, week, … maybe month.

I’m on a roll I’ll do some more.

1.  I love my husband.
  2. I’ve been important in raising two good men, my sons.
  3. I sing with my granddaughters.
  4. I play games with my grandchildren.
  5. I keep my word.
  6. I live within my means.
  7. I have a heart for the lonely.
  8. I love decorating with garage sale finds.
  9. I have a thirst for knowledge.
  10. I am a loyal steward for my Lord

That’s is folks, two in the time of one!

This entry was posted in #RevofKindness, about, Everyday Inspiration, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to ME AND A LIST

1. Your list is amazing and you hit 20. Great share for the first week of the Kindness Challenge.

2. calensariel says:

Now see! You just had to get all your funny stuff out of the way to get to the serious stuff. Your first list made me giggle. Especially the one about the curling iron! Grin

3. Salvageable says:

I like all those things about you too. (Some of them I didn’t know until now.) J.

Thanks, Salvageable. As time goes on we will discover more about each other and our other friends in the bloggosphere. I see we already have several friends in common.

TWENTY MORE REASONS TO LOVE YOU!! This is a great post. Your humor and perspective are not on the list, so I’m officially adding them as #21 and #22.

Oh, dawnliz, you sure can make a person feel good. I appreciate you so much – and now I find your dear husband is leaving me lots of likes. You must have played a role as my agent. 😀

5. mandibelle16 says:

Great list Oneta. Nice to hear these things about you!

6. oneta hayes says:

Thank you, Mandibelle. Are you doing the Kindness challenge or the blogging U? I’m a following so see you on occasion anyway. Thanks for leaving me a comment.

7. Wonderful!! I found you through the #revofkindness tag. Now following 🙂 Look forward to reading more.

8. Wow, your lists are awesome! I really enjoy your sense of humor, Oneta! 😀

9. oneta hayes says:

I love writing for you. You “get me.” I’m chagrined when someone thinks I’m serious when I’m just playing. Some of my FB friends don’t think I’m very witty! Thanks, Rashmi.

10. sleefoon says:

I really enjoyed your lists and your humour! I have a hard time coming up with things I like about myself as well lol…perhaps I will give it a go in a blog post some time down the road. Cheers!

Thank you. Just don’t think too seriously and you will get the hang of it. Don’t you have a beautiful little toe? Or, one finger nail that grows twice as fast as the others? Or, do you control your urge to yodel for the sake of your spouse? See – I’ve given you a boost! 😀