‘TWEEN GOD AND ME – Scripture

spirit

In the following incident, I did not hear words but God gave me guidance by way of scriptures.  As I have said before, scripture is the most basic and valid of all God’s ways to speak to us.  Even knowing that, however, I caution one to not take a scripture out of context to justify one’s actions.

I have told you all before how determined I was that I would not go to a doctor in 2012.  He had healed me for years without doctors, I believed he would do it again.  The scripture that was constantly in my thoughts was:  Psalm 27:14 “Wait on the Lord, Be strong and of good courage.  Again I say wait on the Lord.”

But one evening in November after eight months of being desperately sick almost every afternoon from about 2:00 p.m. until sometime between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m, I gave in.  I don’t know whether it was that I couldn’t stand it anymore or that I couldn’t stand to put Sammy through it anymore.  He had constantly urged me to see the doctor. So  I told Sammy to make an appointment with the doctor for me.  When I did that, that scripture receded and a new one came: Phil. 1:6 “…he who has begun a good work in you will carry it to completion.”  I don’t know how to tell you how that happened, but the “wait” scripture just seemed  to float away and the new one came.  I knew that God was going to take care, he was going to carry out whatever was happening!

However, I had another issue to be dealt with. I wanted to prove that Jesus still miraculously heals.  I don’t pay Jesus to be my Physician; he paid to be my Physician. How I thanked Him! His broken and striped back were in my vision every time I considered going to Dr. Doe. I did not believe I could do so without seeing the whipped body of Jesus and knowing that was the price he paid for me. But I did, and marvel of marvels, what did Jesus do? He gave me a second new message. As I was being prepared to be scooted through that CAT, God give me this word, “I will bring honor to my name.” (This is based on three or four verses in Ezekiel 20.) God would do it; I didn’t have to prove his name worthy; He would do it!

I do not tell this story in any way to suggest getting medical help is wrong.  I do not believe that.  I don’t know why I walked the valley I was in.  I just know it was a dark, dark time for me, but the dependence I had on Jesus during that time brought such comfort and feeling of identifying with Him.  I can’t explain it.  I learned about him in ways I could not have otherwise learned.

This entry was posted in 'Tween God and Me', God speaks, healing, relationship with God, God speaks, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to ‘TWEEN GOD AND ME – Scripture

1. mandibelle16 says:

Hi Oneta. I admire your blind trust and faith. But I’m a practical girl and believe God gave Doctors the gifts they have so we can be healed. I don’t think having the doctor help you, makes it a fact any less, that Jesus is the one who healed you. He is the great physician after all, I just believe many times God answers prayers and works through other people to help us too.:) But in the end, I’m only happy you were okay.

2. calensariel says:

A lovely, faith building post, Oneta.

3. Melinda says:

So beautiful Oneta. Indeed, such is faith- obeying Him even if it may not make sense. God is faithful and as you write He always speaks and confirms through scripture. This is a beautiful post, thank you for sharing!

Thank you, Melinda. It probably always new territory in which we find him in new and faith stretching ways. I appreciate you for coming and for your sweet words of encouragement.

4. Melinda says:

Oh one more thing. My grandma had exactly the same learning as you in this area of health. She believed wholeheartedly that The Lord Heals and she would not go to the doctors or take medications. She lived long! Even when she went back home, she was peacefully sleeping. Till that point no illnesses and major pains. Yes she had pains and aches but she had no ailments. I believe that to some God gives this grace and portion in their faith. I go to the doctors, and take meds- but definitely believe that ultimately God heals. Praising God for such an awesome FAITH and how God Himself revealed this to you in such a personal way. At times like these, I just Praise Him!

This was the beginning of my experience with doctors and others in the medical field. After all those years of him being my only physician, I was taken to a place where I learned how awesome he is in other ways. I had an acute heart attack and an aorta dissection in the mountains of Colorado. I was unconscious when I was taken to Denver via a helicopter sent to get me. Although is was about 5 or 6 hours before they got me to a doctor, I lived through a fourteen hour surgery. I am amazed that I came out of that time, whole, well and in my right mind. So I found him in another measure in which I had not known him before.
      That part of my story is in Why Me in my About.

5. Dawn Marie says:

Thank you for always sharing with such openness. We learn so much from your walk of faith! 😘

Thank you, dear Dawn. I love the openness between bloggers regardless of age differences. There is so much division in church groups now because of trying to give all ages the kind of music they want or the kinds of experiences the find “fun.” I miss my relationship with young people. I find a lot with you and other bloggers.