CELEBRATING LIFE

SoCS

The SoCS subject this week is “drink.”

We have been invited to “drink freely from the water of life.”  This post today is to rejoice in the celebration of this—my first day of the fourth year since a near death experience.

1. I rejoice because I have life—the kind of life caused by the heart pumping, the lungs doing what lungs are supposed to do, and all that other magnificent kind of thing that goes on without our thoughts causing it to happen.  I am all kinds of thankful that the artificial aorta valve is doing what some wonderful brain someplace imagined, designed and created.
  1. I rejoice because I have life—the kind of life made possible by the functioning of all my senses. I hear, see, smell, feel, taste. I am glad.  I am also amazed that even after five hours of my blood doing whatever blood does when the aorta dissects rather than go on its orderly way to carry oxygen to my brain, that my brain still works.  I still do thinking, reasoning, reading, writing, and arithmetic.
  1. I rejoice because I have life—the kind of life that makes my spirit strong. When I sit and turn my mind to my Savior, his spirit “bears witness” with my spirit that he is here, he is near, he is so very dear.  That term “bears witness” is hard to explain to someone who does not know Jesus.  I can only best explain by saying what he said, “My sheep know my voice…”

So what does all that have to do with my SoCS subject of “drink.”  It is because of Jesus’ words near the end of Revelations where he invites,,, “anyone who desires to drink freely from the water of life.”  Drink freely of the Living Water.  Rest in him; rest on him.  Get so close you can hear the beat of His heart, feel the heat of his love, smell the aroma of his presence, and touch the breast that breaths life anew.

**********Thanks, https://lindaghill.com/2016/06/24/the-friday-reminder-and-prompt-for-socs-june-2516/

This entry was posted in Stream of Consciousness Saturday and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to CELEBRATING LIFE

1. mandibelle16 says:

Lovely Oneta. Especially in the end. I love that section about drinking free from the water of life. Jesus paid the cost, now we drink freely.

Mandibelle, thank you for the comment. We so often take the blessings of “life” so much for granted. Speaking for myself, it takes a good shake up occasionally to point me to the beauty of life – I guess all life, but I particularly can speak of the life with Jesus.

I’m glad you brought up the “His Spirit bears witness with our spirit”. Honestly, this has been a challenge for me, and I think probably for some others also. Of course, I don’t want to limit God to only one kind of explanation or experience, since we’re all made differently and uniquely. I believe this statement, (since He said so) and look forward to understanding more how He does this in my heart. Still, it’s a “ponder point” in my life. What a beautiful post!

3. 49lilykatz says:

Thank you for this, I needed some good words from the Good Book today. I like the Book of Isaiah Chapter 6, verse 8: “And the Lord said, “Who shall I send?” And I said, “Here am I, send me.” That’s what I remember when I get mad at God for taking away my husband in February. Nothing’s fair, that’s for sure. Thank you for reminding me of God’s grace, I need to remember that at all times. Peace.

49lilykatz, I have no idea how to respond to your pain. I’ve not yet had to bear the loss of my husband. I have a friend who found help in Isaiah 8:1, 2 when her husband passed. NIV says the righteous perish that they can be spared from evil. I have been comforted by that through the loss of my daddy who died of a heart attack at sixty-three years of age. Sometimes my sisters and I remark that we are glad daddy did not have to suffer pain that we have reason to believe might have come in later years. You are right that God does not act in ways we see as “fair;” his standard is much too individualistic to be fair in the way we understand fairness. You are right when you trust in his grace. It’s good to hear from you.

• 49lilykatz says:

Thank you for your kindness. The words from the Bible are comfort enough, and your very sweet message. I’ll read Issaiah 8:1 and 2. I find most of my comfort there these days. God bless, and thanks for responding. I’ll keep in touch as I find more inspiration in the Bible. One of these days I’ll start speaking to God again, but not yet.

4. oneta hayes says:

Dear Dawn, you are so warm and caring and filled with a desire to draw closer to the Lord. I cannot tell you more than the Word does, Draw near to God and he will draw near to you (James 4:8). In our own understanding we cannot see what is the hang up. If I had fairy dust I would make it happen – but it would only be fairy dust. Too many are fooled by fairy dust. I think of Simon who wanted to buy the Holy Spirit; it cannot be purchased with money or anything else materialistically. It can only be “purchased” by time and it often seems God does not understand our principle of time! 😀 Indeed, God does have a wide range of ways to deal with his children, you are special to him, and whatever he does will be uniquely yours. I guess that is one reason I was hesitant to do ‘Tween God and Me episodes. Sometimes I hear others speak and I understand, “Yes, that’s me.” Other times, I think, “Why did she get so excited over that!” Didn’t Jesus one time say something like, “Who are you to judge another man’s servant?” I find you to be delightful, I’m sure you must put a smile on God’s face. 😀

I’m so glad my computer is now ‘back on line’ after a few days where ‘check up was necessary’. I love the blog. I possibly could contribute with scripture references but you have expressed it all so well. The fountain of Living water – how valuable life is after (near-death) experiences. God in the midst of life’s most painful experiences. A-men and this truly is a LIFE TRUTH. Thank God for our Saviour! a-men.

Faye, as the years roll on we find out more and more about the faithfulness of a loving God. Each of us is special to him. Thanks for adding to my post. I like your amens.

6. pamkirst2014 says:

What a wonderful celebration of life!

7. A beautiful and worthy celebration. The drink of like that nourishes like no other.

8. This was a refreshing and very encouraging post. Thank you.