HOME WITH SAMMY

WITH LOVE TO SAMMY, 63 YEARS

sixty three years

Home, fortunate to be my pleasant place;

my hubby and I talk face to face.

Home, all my belongings there I stash;

got a lot of stuff, just not cash.

Home, cars can park on my one acre lawn;

afternoon naps when I yawn.

Home, food and drink and company too,

if you were near, we’d invite you.

Home, a place to have the family meet,

games and songs and plenty to eat.

Home, sixty-three years since we were wed,

tied the knot with unbreakable thread.

************

Introduction to Poetry, Lesson Eight subject “pleasure”  Challenge to begin (or end) each line with the same word.  https://wordpress.com/tag/introtopoetry

This entry was posted in long marriage, poetry and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to HOME WITH SAMMY

1. calensariel says:

63! Such an amazing achievement in this day and age when most people act like marriage is disposable like paper cups. We’re coming up on 45. 😀

2. theturtle says:

Wow! That’s a little over double my mileage 😉 and I still can’t believe I’ve made it this far 🙂
    Beautiful poem 🙂
    Turtle Hugs

3. That is a very nice poem, Oneta! You have completed the challenge well!

4. Dawn Marie says:

You deserve 63 “bravos” with this well-written story of love! Hugs!!!

So glad we never threw in the towel on occasions when we were tempted. Just think how hard it would be to be married to a perfect man! I guess our imperfections are comforting for imperfect people.

5. Dawn Marie says:

😘❤️😘❤️😘

With your permission, this one is going on my “not my poetry” category, it will be sometime in January I think. May I? I just LOVE it.

7. simpledimple says:

Beautiful Poem. Here’s ’63’ hearty cheers to you and Sammy! 🙂 More blessings to both of you. Xx

8. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, I like that “unbreakable thread.”