FORCED TIME OUT

Blogging Friends, a word of explanation.  My computer crashed.  I’m at the library right now so I can let you all know.  At my age, you might think I had cramps in my fingers or a muddled brain.  Nope, thank the Lord.  I’m hole – I’m joking, I’m whole.  These library computers are just great, but the library does not keep Blogger’s hours.  I can still read and do simple comments on my kindle, so I’ll be watching.  (Simple comments?  That doesn’t sound much like me, does it?)

I hope some of you have an addiction to sweet aroma and feed my ego by reading some of my archives.  That would be so nice.  But even if you don’t, I know you will want to, won’t ya?

It might be book reading time for me.  But I’ll be back.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to FORCED TIME OUT

I was worried when I saw the title. A crashed computer is frustrating, inconvenient, and so on, but it’s not nearly so bad as health problems or an accident. Thank goodness for the libraries, huh? I used the library when I was traveling last month, but of course there i was limited to an hour and, as you say, they don’t keep bloggers’ hours!

Be of good cheer. We’ll be here when you get back.

2. I’ll miss you while your computer is being fixed. Unplugging now and again is good. (That’s what my husband says, but I don’t believe it. I recently had to go to the library to use their computers to do the 6 1/2 hours of mandatory in-service videos my school district assigned over the summer. It would cost me a fortune in data minutes to do it at home…:-) I too go for my Kindle when computer time is over. I just finished a book called “Baby”, by Patricia MacLachlin. Very sad, but also very good. Try it and let me know what you think. It’s on my kids Battle of the Books reading list.

3. 49lilykatz says:

What a problem! You are dealing with it very well. I’ll cruise the archives, and please get back with us soon. You have a voice that needs to be heard!

This library is cold. I have a bit of time left (thirty minutes) but I think I’ll go before my toes show signs of frost bite. Thanks for the comment. You are kind.

4. judyjourneys says:

My opinion is that God has his “ways” to get us to rest.

Feet up! Read a good book–with pages even!

6. simpledimple says:

The crash means – take a good rest and return rejuvenated with more juicy tales. Hope you get the problem fixed soon. Hugs. 🙂

A whole week and I’ve only progressed enough with the computer far enough to know it’s no use! Not good news. I’m at the library playing catch up with comments. Oh, how I love them. Thanks. And for the hug also.

• simpledimple says:

Oh, not a cherry news. I know how it feels to depend on the public computers. I hope you sort things out in a good time so we don’t miss out on your beautiful stories. I am happy to hear from you. Thank you. Blessings. 🙂

7. luckyjc007 says:

Sorry about your computer problems…I know how you feel. I keep losing my internet connection a lot and can not figure why! The cable company helped ,but the problem still arises quite often. I try to at least save a draft each time in case I lose the connection again while trying to get a posting done.

My future looks like it contains a new computer – convenient or not. I applied for a credit card. My first step to doing something, I guess. And, yes, next time around I am going to do a better job of backing up my “stuff.” Hope you have found your answer.

8. calensariel says:

Make a list of blog subjects you want to do when you get back! 😀

So far I have only gone far enough to know I want to do something with the numeral eight. Now that ought to spark your curiosity. Don’t know but I do know I love the figure eight! Smile. 😀

9. Enjoy the break, Oneta! I will be here reading and rereading your posts until you are back with a bang! 😀

great you are ok. Time out enjoy! Computer here also went a bit ‘off’. Hope all back to normal soon. Enjoy your day. Cheers!

Yes, I hope you are still being good to our friends in space. I’m answering comments here in the library today. Don’t know how much progress I will make on reading e-mails. You probably have one or two in my stack. I hope to catch them.

11. Debbie L says:

Oh what a pain these computers can be. When we began RVing, I had to replace my desk top computer – no room in a small RV for it. We’d been through a new laptop every 3-5 years since 1995 or so, always had both. We we’re early on the computers in the home. My bro-in-law was an early Mac user so he kept saying get a Mac. So I finally did after we calculated how much we lost with all the Windows laptops. But what a learning curve! I bought a year policy to be able to take classes on-line and in the store, one on one time. I’m still learning.
    Just some food for thought. It’s now 3 years old and doing GREAT!

12. oneta hayes says:

Sounds good but I don’t know anyone who can give me any instructions on Mac. Even the library is all Windows. My computer lasted eight years so I should have been better prepared. At this rate I’ll only have to have a couple more. (Wink, wink). That will last until I’m 98. Who knows what I’ll be learning then! 😀