HAVING BIRTHDAYS – ONE EACH PER YEAR

Sammy, my love, we are growing old. We have now had one birthday each every year, for a mighty lot of years.  I’m glad we are still doing them together.   Sometimes now you even grunt as you roll off the couch, but you do still get up off the floor without much ritual!  Me?  I have to move whatever is on my lap, look for something to hang on to with one hand, and something to support the other as I use my arm to raise the rest of my body, all done with age appropriate moans and groans.  I say it is because my corner of the couch is too low, has nothing to do with age.  Well, the couch is old.

Thanks you, Sammy, for getting up early to pick up branches and weed piles so they could go in the trash today.  Thanks for fixing your own breakfast while I spent that extra time with Jadalyn in our morning wake up time.  Thanks for buying the groceries.  Thanks for taping some news shows while I am here at the library, so we can watch them together when I get home.  Thanks for loving us – me and our children, children’s children, and children’s children’s children.  Wow!

This entry was posted in aging, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to HAVING BIRTHDAYS – ONE EACH PER YEAR

“Thank for loving us.” That’s a winner! Any news on your computer? How many more trips to the library do you think?

2. oneta hayes says:

Nothing good about the computer. A friend is trying to get my stuff off it, but says there is no hope for using it anymore. My granddaughter said she has one I can have. Needs a cable. I’ll try for that; she will bring it Sunday. If that doesn’t work, I’ll have to just come here (library) when I can, at least for a while. I got caught in one of those modern day nightmares regarding my finances. Got a lawyer working on it. I recently found out someone filed a lien on my property in 2012, and I knew nothing about it. That’s the reason for the lawyer. The “plaintiffs” do not even claim I was notified or served (except to someone else at a place that is not even my home). It is a mess. But hopefully I will get it resolved and be able to buy a new computer. And get my good name and credit restored. Meanwhile the lawyer has my money, but he is being fair.

3. theturtle says:

Love filled post 🙂
    Thank you for this in this day and age Oneta 🙂
    Turtle Hugs

Hope things return to normal regarding the computer and without too much expense. Ours was ‘down’ for more than a week. Unlike you I could not use the Library to stay connected so had a ‘drop out’ time. Computer back now it was all about a windows update thing that shut the whole system down. Thanks for beautiful blog and reminder of the blessings we have when we can journey with our ‘mates’. Blessing and love.

5. The little things in life which most of us take for granted goes a long way as can be seen from your post! Here’s to many more birthdays together! 😘😘

What a touching tribute to your loving husband. It is indeed a blessing to have a committed spouse, an intact family, a community that can be depended on. I’m sorry beyond words that you’re having to cope with the computer issues and “etc.” — those “et ceteras” of life can be the worst. Here’s to a quick resolution, and a return to life in a peaceable kingdom!

7. Laura says:

What a beautiful post. My husband and I share our birthdays and anniversary together (3 consecutive days in March) and its’s always special. May you enjoy many more together. So sorry about all the ‘stuff’ going on. Where would we be if it didn’t rain? All tanned but unable to enjoy life to its fullest because we are unable to exiperiwnce the good with the bad. Anyways, I truly pray your sun smiles over soon and your sitting at your semi-new computer on your couch hitting the ‘publish’ key for all to see your amazing blog. Hugs my friend!❤️

What an interesting three-day event! Great planning! Think I have a new computer in the horizon; the other stuff is being worked on. Laura, I always enjoy your posts very much. You are serving Christ in a great way. Hugs back to you.