REBUILD FENCES

old fence

The old fence is frail

But serves nobly as a reminder

– boundaries matter.

**********

Fences are built to keep danger away as well as to keep safety within, or they may keep danger within and provide safety without.  Either way they are important.  Lack of fences lead to much insecurity.

This entry was posted in government, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to REBUILD FENCES

1. theturtle says:

Boundaries matter , fences are needed , but we get in trouble when too many fences are needed 😉
    Turtle Hugs

I am blessed to have had many safety fences, and have never felt hemmed in by them. I have always had a choice of breaking out if I wanted to. That is probably why I feel so much freedom within boundaries. It would be horrible to be fenced in with danger, in such ways as sex trafficking. That is evil set by evil people – not safety in Godly restraints!

2. luckyjc007 says:

Boundaries do matter…..they require safeguards of some kind….whatever works for the given situation.

One time I had quite firmly set some restrictions on one of my grandchildren. A bit later she come back in the room and said, “I don’t know why I act like that .” Precious child. She was finding freedom (security) in being given limits in her behavior. Very necessary in parenting.

3. calensariel says:

I so love this… I’ve had a real hard time learning it’s ok to set boundaries around myself. Just beautiful, Oneta.

Thank you, Calen. It is much easier to set our own boundaries when we have watched good models. Of course we are all invited to set Jesus as that ultimate model.. Can’t go wrong there. What limits he set on himself when he refused to turn the stones to bread!

4. Fayes says:

I’m grateful indeed for the fences provided to me by a loving family. Even today I’m grateful for the fences self-imposed that guard my life. ie as you stated above Jesus Christ the Lord of my life. Thank you oneta for reminder.

We have been blessed indeed. Boundaries I had would have been viewed as ridiculous in this day, but living within them did wonders for my self esteem and confidence. Thanks, dear Faye.

Life itself sets limits on us, and much unhappiness is created when we try to deny the natural limits of life. Beyond that, learning to set limits — to put up those fences, if you will — is part of a healthy life. A small, but current example: I have chosen to limit my online reading and commenting regarding politics. Even with bloggers I read regularly, if I arrive and realize its another discussion/rant/fuss over one or the other of the candidates, I tiptoe out. It’s a way of helping to keep my sanity safe!

6. oneta hayes says:

Excellent example. Life does set limits – particularly one’s health is often non-negotiable. One should set healthy limits while he/she still has a choice. And remember that “health” is a term that can include emotional, social and spiritual well being as well as the physical arena. Have a nice day.