JUST CHECKING IN

Dear Blogging Friends, I am feeling pretty good about my progress in reading my e-mails today.  I had to add comments and likes just because I wanted to and because I “liked.”  Basically I am getting everybody read at least once or twice a week, but it pains me terribly to delete.

I’m still studying the effects of flip-flops with the straps on the back.  I might be a bit off about the strap making the ankles look thin and trim.  Seems to be another factor I have overlooked.  That theory seems to work better on ladies who weight less than 135 pounds or so.  I’m beginning to have doubts that it works very well on the 165 to 190 pounders.  And here I am with my wonderful inventory of flip-flops with straps on the back!  Hope is wasn’t money down the drain.

Regarding obtaining a computer:  My granddaughter gave me one that is up to date and I think could do my tasks well if I could learn all the bits and pieces.  I’m getting there.  It is HP with Windows 8; the old one was Dell with Windows 7.  The HP font default was so small I could not read without putting my face in the screen!  But I did google and found how to change that.  Now my e-mail is freezing to the point I can’t use it.  Kristina (g-daughter) will be here tomorrow.  I hope she can clear cookies, or whatever needs to be done.  I don’t know what I will find when I try downloading images and some of that kind of stuff.

To the new followers who have joined me in spite of my woes this month, I thank you.  I have visited most of you, and I am thankful you are on board.  To my regulars, you’re great.

This entry was posted in blogging and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to JUST CHECKING IN

I must say I like Window 8 better than the newer Windows 10. The past month I’ve been battling the new Mac’s Keynote and QuickTime—I suppose this is my “crossword puzzles” to keep the brain young. Hang in there!

2. SarahC says:

Well best wishes! I finally have computer….. But not have internet. Nice library though nearby. Check out my new site with a challenge. My regular site has link to it.

3. oneta hayes says:

I sure have appreciated being able to use this computer here in the library. I’d be bonkers without it. I’ll be so happy to get back to some writing challenges. I’ll see if I an find you now.

Yes, Sarah, I found you. Looks like a fun spot. I’ll want to check it out later when I’m not so time limited. Are you limited in time at the library? I can use for three hours a day. That’s quite a bit. I come quite often.

Thank you for check in Oneta. I love hearing from you ‘whenever’. Found after another health shock (praise God all again ok). I was sad to have to delete some things BUT…..know the connections that enrich and sustain. I daily work on a time limit as I do not want computer to take away from rest of life. Cheers! ‘The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn’…one word in season also fulfills what Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote.

5. calensariel says:

I despise computers! And yet here I am… rolls eyes… Hang in there, Oneta. You’re one smart cookie. You’ll get it all sorted out! 😀

6. oneta hayes says:

I reply, “if I’m off another month, will you still be my friend?” I’m trying for the Mr. Rogers effect. 😀

OK. It’s time to tell you my new computer story. I’ve had this thing since May — a Lenovo with Windows 7 Pro, a bell or two, and a couple of whistles. It’s fast, and I do like the Windows 7. (I still was using Vista.)

However: I was having quite a problem. Every now and then, when I tried to load a page, the page would load multiple times. I’m not talking four or five times, but ten or twenty times, or even more. And sometimes, when I wanted to leave a space between paragraphs, it would leave great hunks of empty space.

Well, I researched. I called the guys who built the system for me. Eventually, I decided to just let it go for a while, since it wasn’t doing it all the time.

One day, I tried to load a page, and as multiple pages were loading, I noticed something. My arm was laying across the “Enter” key on the far right side of my keyboard: the one associated with the numeric pad. As it turned out, my new keyboard is about two inches wider than my old one, and “muscle memory” was causing me to lay my arm on that “Enter” key.

It was operator error, writ large. All it took was a little time, and a little attention, to figure it out. May all your issues be so easy to solve!

8. oneta hayes says:

That’s funny and so very easy to do and hard to diagnose. Bet you were glad you gave some space to the tech people. Kristina was here today and hooked up the printer. I have a user friendly book on Windows 8 so I’m making progress. Love your story. Maybe we have more in common than just both of us being raised in Heartland country.

9. Colette B says:

Hallo Oneta, i’m just catching up with you here, but a brief drop-in and will fly-back later. Sorry to see you’ve had or having (computer) woes and hope issues are resolving. see you later, maybe to join in the BW 13word prompt, if there is one later today. Best wishes, Colette 🙂