AAMW (absent against my will)

Hello, Friends.  I would love to write a “Wow, isn’t that amazing” report.  No such report.  Just me, plain and simple.  On September 12 I got in a squabble with a vacuum cleaner and a throw rug.  It took them both to get the best of me, but they did.  They won.  I lost.  Result is this long stay in hospital and rehab.  I have wondered why folks like me with all this time on my hands, didn’t do something – you know, read books, blog, read e-mail, tv (divorce court, maybe), read the Bible, pray, talk on the telephone?  I have found out; it takes too much energy to think!  Well I’m on my way back.  Missing you all.  I’ll fill in some details at a later time.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to AAMW (absent against my will)

1. Wow.
    Glad you are back and on the mend. 🙂
    Conserve your strength and do what you are able when you have energy.
    Love always,
    Mitsu
    >^;^<

2. Salvageable says:

I’m sorry to learn about your difficult fall (pun intended). I will pray for healing, and also for patience during the healing process. J.

FINALLY!! I was considering sending you a note through good ole’ US post, just to see if you’re okay! (Obviously you haven’t been.) Judy Journeys was also asking about you! Are you home? OH, dear Oneta! Prayers for your speedy recovery!

4. judyjourneys says:

Oneta, I am glad you are on the mend. I, too, once had an experience where I was too sick to even think. I remember looking at my Bible on the table next to my hospital bed and telling myself, Somebody else will have to pray for you. I guess that in itself is encouragement to pray for one another, isn’t it?

5. SarahC says:

Well be careful. Sometimes our minds need a rest too. I have had a time trying to blog so taking a rest from it!

6. artseafartsea says:

Hi Oneta, sorry that you are not yourself right now. Hope to see you up and around soon. I will say a prayer for you. 🙂

Dear Oneta, I am so happy to see you back again. I have indeed missed your blog and cheerful and encouraging wisdom. When I saw the e-mail It was like a gift this day. Relax be surrounded by prayers and love. Prayer from me now I know. Blessings and Healing Grace be your portion.

Oh, dear. I’d been wondering, but was being patient myself, thinking that you just were occupied with other things. I’m so sorry, and sorry it’s taken me so long to get by and offer condolences. I’m traveling, and have been in the Arkansas mountains with wonky internet, and some computer problems of my own. Of course, my problems are more irritations. Yours are real problems.

The good news is that we’ve been given bodies that do heal, even when we’re no longer the spring chickens we once were. I have two very good friends who’ve had to recover from falls — both are up in years (one over 80, the other close). It took some time, and just a little teeth-gritting, but they’ve done well. You will, too.

I’ll look forward to an update — in every sense of the phrase!

Good to hear from you. I saw something that indicated you we’re goin on a road trip. I haven’t been able to check folks out much. Doing some on kindle. NOW GOOD NEWS I am going home in the morning. Still have to stay off one hip for at least two more weeks, until doc appt Nov 1. I think I will get a good report. My mind is brewing today, making plans to relate my ventures on blog. Glad to find my brain being energized!

9. Dawn Marie says:

Dear, Sweet Oneta! I was sad to read of your plight! I do so very hope that the mending you are in need of continues as peacefully as possible. And may you use this time of ‘mental rest’ to be with Him and Him alone! Rest assured of my continued prayers for you. I look forward to the time when you are able to share your time & your talents with us once more! Many many hugs & blessings are being sent to you!😘😘😘😘😘😘

10. Sorry that they ganged up on you. Glad you are on the mend…

Conspiracy! They knocked the whey out of me. But yes, I am doing well with wheelchair and walker right now. Doctor says to do what is tolerable. I’m trying!Thanks for checking in.