KEEP THESE WHEELS A’ROLLIN

Just rolling along, with a bit of huff and puff.  Wheelchair bound but I checked myself out of Rehab and am doing well at home.  Also I get out a bit – as I am right now – in the library.  Thanks to my dear husband who gets me here; also I go to the Senior Center some but I cannot put any weight on my right leg.  So thankful that I have not had any pain for several weeks.  Looking hopefully to Tuesday, Nov. 1, when I see the doctor again.  I feel so well, he surely will release me to begin walking.  I’m so thankful to my Lord for his hand with me through my highs and lows.  (Now some light-hearted blogs regarding my ventures.  First to my therapists.)

SALUTE TO MY THERAPISTS

Ho, Debbie;  Christy; and Stephen – time has come for me to get even!

You pushed, poked, and prodded; threatened, praised, and lauded!

You gave me no choice, using your “authoritative” voice; you made me do things that I couldn’t.

I learned without doubt,  what you were talking about –

Even bright yellow socks – with them, pivoting rocks!

So to all who need the therapists, remember they are there for us

I’m thankful for the therapy, I’m very glad you were there for me!

This entry was posted in aging, rehabilitation, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to KEEP THESE WHEELS A’ROLLIN

1. Praying for a full and speedy recovery… God bless you.

2. oneta hayes says:

Thanks, Robert. 😀

3. Good to hear that you are doing better and you haven’t lost your sense of humour . Be well.

4. judyjourneys says:

So good to “hear your voice” again, Oneta.

5. Salvageable says:

It’s good to know that things are going well. Improvement is always a good thing. I continue to pray for your recovery and for your patience during this time. J.

Thank you, dear lady. Your prayers are appreciated, and my patience has been stretched! So many times I had to tell myself, “They are just doing what it good for you,” as I endured the 5:45 am blood suckers! 😀

No matter how, when, or where it is always great to hear your voice again through the blogs. God indeed gives a sense of humour to carry us through the twists and turns of life here. I love the scripture which proclaims that as the body (deteriorates) ie begins its decline,,,, so the Spirit within rises and becomes ‘stronger’. . May this be true for you and all who truly love HIM.

So glad my blogging friend, Faye, is still on my case, in prayer and encouragement. It is a mystery that the spirit gets stronger as flesh suffers – I guess because the Spirit is strong enough in all our affairs. (Spirit is capitalized on purpose. He is my reason for strenght.) Isn’t it wonderful to know Him.

7. artseafartsea says:

Glad to see you are getting well and will soon be back on your feet. I wish you good health and happiness. 🙂

“Back on my feet” is the goal – now it is “back on my foot.” I remind myself to be thankful that this condition is temporary! So many at Rehab had issues they were having to cope with for life, not just a temporary hurdle. I’m blessed so many ways. And you are one of those ways! Thank you.

So if all is on track, tomorrow is your big day to see the doctor, and maybe be given leave for a little walking about. I hope so! With so many friends who’ve had this or that to recover from, I’m fairly well familiar with the recuperative process, and I can guarantee you that ones like you — who can keep a bit of humor about it all — do much better.

As you know, I’m home now, and feeling so blessed that I had a trouble-free trip. There were a few glitches — like the day I stumbled over flint rocks hidden by ground cover, and did a face plant on that same batch of rocks — but there wasn’t any serious damage. I bruised a leg and my right cheek, and had a bloodshot eye for a cuople of days, but the way I figure it, I should just celebrate the fact that I have good bones.

I see you’ve posted again. That’s good — I’ve missed your posts. And do let us know how your trip to the doctor goes!

You are on target with tomorrow. I’m hopeful! Listen around two o’clock. Does the wind blow down a victory, or does it sound like more misery? Surely I will quickly send a message in case the wind doesn’t carry it all the way.