AFTER THE PARTY IS OVER

casseroles

The  company says they’ll do me a favor

And leave the leftovers for me to savor.

Feeling stuffed, I have no desire

However, they’re easy to warm up, just add a little fire.

Six hours later, I’m hungry again.

I’ll just snack a bit, it is no sin.

And there’s all that food that will go to waste,

And it is quite savory to my taste.

Look, Vicky left a pecan candy roll,

On my diet they will take a toll.

But it must be gone when she comes back;

I wouldn’t want our relationship to go slack.

Who left this crispy apple pie,

Now I’ll eat it!  I’m not shy.

There’s the cookies, I’ll take a bunch

I’ll eat them for dessert for my lunch.

Though fifteen Rubbermaid storage bowls I go.

Must go fast, for if I’m too slow.

I might let that good food spoil

Remember for  this layout, starving men would toil.

Must not be wasteful, for in many a city,

Children are starving.  It would be a pity

To not be thankful and appreciate

These luscious leftovers on my plate!

This entry was posted in humor, leftovers, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to AFTER THE PARTY IS OVER

I am likewise “proficient” at rationalizing what I consume!! (ie, I love to eat…)

Oh the truth of what you have shared. I hate waste. My body loves the extra input. It can be a viscious circle. proficient I like that explanation. Hope your new year is a great one in the ways most meaningful to you.

Appreciate that you can identify with my fun! But there really is too much truth to my mumblings. I’m going to get some weight off – when I get around and stop procrastinating.

3. Good use of rhyme here, Oneta. This was fun to read.

It was fun to write. I love “musical” writing. Somewhat like your – what did you call it – Christmas for Seniors? It was fun reading also. Some things demand rereading aloud.

Ah, yes. There is that pile of food that’s just lying about. I don’t need any of it, and I want all of it. It’s the old rock-and-a-hard-place, culinary version. Ah, well. A friend believes if you eat all the calories at once, half of them don’t stick. Maybe I’ll test the theory!

I was just putting away supper stuff in the ‘frig. When what to my wandering eye should appear? A rubbermaid bowl filled with pecan pie leftovers. All this time, and pecan pie goodies do not spoil. They would probably last a couple weeks if I ate a tablespoon full a day, but I would probably be better off to use your friend’s advice. Maybe it will all be gone by bedtime tomorrow night. My husband used to help out with pecan pie but he is not much use that way anymore; he’s plagued with denture problems. So I’ll have to take care of the matter all by myself. Such is life!

5. Very true and I think the faster I eat it the quicker I can start my diet again. 😉

You got me that time, Lean Not. Made me laugh out loud. That’s special. I snicker sometimes but very seldom a good LOL all by myself. Maybe we share more than I thought. I have been suspicious of you because of the “Lean” in your name. Scared you might not appreciate my pains. But here I find you are girl of my own heart. Now I have to go see how that pecan pie tastes. (See comment to shoreacres above.)