Ho, it has been a while since I accepted an award, but who can resist anything with “mystery” about it Since Deb Glover has nominated me, I accept with thanks. She is at bookyglover. Go read her answer about her name. Quite a surprise to me.
So what is this award and what do I have to do? The following information answers those questions in the way it came to me.
The Mystery Blogger Award…
- is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get.
- is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
- was created by Okoto Enigma.
Guidelines for the Nominees
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link. (Sorry the link for Okoto Enigma was not provided to me. Oneta)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three things about me.
- I stay up late at night, but take naps in the afternoon.
- I voted for Trump and have hope for the future.
- I’m a Christian, wife, great-grandmother, blogger in that order.
Now for answers to questions passed on to me.
- What are the things you do for fun? Most everything I do, I do for fun (even if it is work.) I go to the library and senior center at Town Center. I love to play Rummikub with my family and color with the kids. I enjoy research and I teach an adult Sunday morning class.
- What is the greatest lesson you learnt in 2016? Be careful while vacuuming – or doing anything else that demands standing upright. Lesson taught to me on Sept. 12 beginning with a fall and continuing to this day. I’m recovering but smarter about acting my age!
- If you were given a chance to choose between a million dollars and writing, which would you choose and why. Million dollars flat out. I’m not a blogger who finds my identity in writing. Writing is one of many things I enjoy. I assume I would enjoy a million dollars. Don’t have any experience in that yet!
- Write out two things on your 2017 bucket list. Make myself pretty and win the Publisher’s Clearing House Prize ($5000 a week for life and choose who to give the $5000 to upon my demise – forever and forever.) I want them in reverse order. If I get the money first it will make it easier for me to get pretty.
Weird question:- What will you do if you have no choice but to live in a house that creeps you out for three weeks? I’d take my kindle, Sudoku, flashlight, ball bat, Bible, calendar, and three gallons of peanut clusters and move right in.
Now for my nominees who are not to feel obligated to accept this award. But I do want you to know I think you have blogs worthy of reading.
Questions for my nominees:
- What do you consider your wisest choice in life?
- What three qualities must a person have to be counted a true friend?
- You have three days to do something for which you are not accountable. What would you do?
- What would be your dream job if you were guaranteed a living wage while doing it?
- Weird, funny, or sentimental answer please. What have you had that you considered to be your lucky charm, or something you just can’t go to sleep without (teddy bear or blanket or other)?
My best post? I don’t know that it is best, but I did win a speech contest with it one time, so I’ll choose it as a sample of a serious blog. https://onetahayes.com/?s=A+woman%2C+a+boy%2C+a+dress+and+me
To my nominees and other readers and followers: I quit accepting awards for a while because they are time consuming and it is always hard to choose blogs to nominate. So many bloggers I follow are outstanding; however, for that reason they generally have received so many awards they have asked to be award free. Do not feel obligated to accept, but perhaps like me, you would like to get in the ring again. Nominated or not, anyone who receives this post is on my “worthwhile” reading list :D:D