Visiting the Chatterers

I’m sitting in with the BrewNSpew Chatterers today.  My first visit so be nice to me.

I got a kick out of seeing what I had put on Facebook two years ago.  They had sent to me the status I posted.  I had said, “I just been thinking about how much less I accomplish in four hours than I used to accomplish in ten.”  What say?  Yes, that’s what I said.  I hope I was trying out for a bit of wit.  But whatever the reason, I still say that I accomplish much less in four hours now than I used to accomplish in ten!

I have two storage boxes of left overs from a garage sale so long enough ago that I’ve forgotten what was in them.  If I have managed that long without needing the stuff, I’ve determined not to look, and take it immediately to the church recycle.  They offer some household items and decor to a group who helps mothers who have just got out of prison.  Hopefully the little “extra” will inspire those who are just setting up their homes.  It would be nice to have someone give something a little beyond the basics.  I did see the statuettes of the boy and girl listening to music in the box.  They are kind of cute.  I might bring them back….oh, no, don’t go there.  And don’t look again.

A few day ago I was reading from a journal I discovered stashed away from 1998.  On January 8th that year I had written, “It seems as if God has used me more in later years but I don’t know whether that is true just because I have made more time available.  Perhaps it is just that I am doing more “works” outside the home.  When the boys were little my “call” was mothering as well as career teaching.  I hope I was anointed in that way.  I feel like I lacked much.  Actually I feel like I am only just beginning in so many ways.  Will I still feel like that when I’m eighty?”

Now I can look back at that 64 year old “self” and say, Are you kidding, girl?  You had no idea going on past eighty would still be productive, active, and worthwhile.  At sixty I thought eighty would be old; at eighty I think, “you didn’t know beans yet!”  Joking!  But for my sixty-four year old readers, “You ain’t seen nothin’ yet.”  Your next twenty years may see you blossom as you have never dreamed possible.  May God grant that to be true for you.  And as long as He is guiding me, “I ain’t seen nothin’ yet!”

Thank you, BrewNSpew Gang.  Nice chatting with you today.  May I come again?  I guess I was not expected to chatter, but to send a link to something I have already written?  Anyway even if I am wrong, I am posting!

10 Responses to Visiting the Chatterers

“You had no idea going on past eighty would still be productive, active, and worthwhile.” I just noticed my husband “liked” your post, and SO DO I! I shared with him that I felt like God had told me to tell him “just keep writing”. It’s all in His hands for His purposes. Thanks for this encouragement!

So many things are God ordained and cannot be explained at all when we consider only the sequence of time as we see it. I do not believe we are chess pieces moved around by God’s plan, but I do believe eighteen years ago, God placed in my mind the “musings” that could be used later; perhaps, even by your Bob today, if your Bob is open to the seed God drops into his heart (even with DawnLiz as the prod). Fortunately God’s doings are much too complex for us. I like it that way. Don’t you love the sarcastic words God used to describe gods made out of tree wood in the books of some of the old prophets. They are hilarious! No, I don’t want a god I can make, describe, or understand. As of now likely you and Bob need to do what you are doing so far – keep writing. Maybe eighteen years from now God will show you a “receiver” and that does not mean there are not receivers that you will never know about.

2. SarahC says:

Enjoyed your musings here!

3. luckyjc007 says:

I also do not look in boxes of “stuff” that I have had stored for a long time…just in case I would feel the need to save it longer! I agree, if you have not used whatever is in the box ..for a long time, chances are you really do not need it! Enjoyed your post. 🙂

Thanks, luckyjc007, I did take the boxes to the church and found they had closed by the time I got there. Do you think I can haul them around for a full week (until next Tues) without a look? If it gets too cold again so I don’t want to go outside! They say that is going to happen.

Enjoyed this post. What encouragement it gives to us all. When I was young I thought anyone who lived to the 21 century would have to be very old! Now it is 2017 and though I don’t move like I did back then I am extremely grateful for my life and what is possible in the NOW. You inspire in your place a bit ahead of mine but the sentiment is still the same. Thank you so much for the story.

One’s perspective sure changes. Many elderly have to give up good physical health, and most do not want to hurry into the death experience – most hold that off as long as possible, even in the face of believing in a wonderful hereafter. However, most of my peers will say they choose to be where they are now rather than to live life over again. If I were twenty again, I would want my children and grandchildren to be just the ages they are now! 😀