SIX AND ONE = SIX, HUH?

coke-bottlesone-pop-bottle

Six and one equals six, huh?  Well, for a two year old who has some maturing to do.

Bemused I sat watching as my toddler put seven pop bottles in a six pack carton.  Yes, he put all seven in – but not at the same time.  When he filled six spaces, he found another in his hand.  He would remove one bottle put in the extra.  Still he had one bottle left in hand.  I was proud of his determination, patience, and long attention span.  I just thought give him more time and maturity.

I don’t know when he understood that you can’t put seven bottles in a six bottle carton.  But it happened.   Wouldn’t I have been stupid to fault him for making the effort!  After all he was MY son, made in image of his daddy and me.  Why would he sit continually repeating his failure!  Why he didn’t even knew he was failing.

As grown ups, we have figured out that some things are impossible – at least based on the facts as we know them.  But some lose patience and give up.  Is it possible that one would believe in himself so adamantly that he would just say, “These bottles and carton just don’t exist.”  Far-fetched, isn’t it?

Consider the person who sees the wonder of nature before him, but he can’t figure how it all came to be, so he argues there is no God, no Creator, no Intelligent Designer.  And he doesn’t even know, he is the one who is not mature enough to understand.  Perhaps, God looks on and says give him more time and maturity.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”                         (Prov. 3:5)

Grow up, mature, think, study; the solution might resolve itself someday.

This entry was posted in God, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to SIX AND ONE = SIX, HUH?

Tremendous thoughts expressed in this blog. Thank you. We are human and intelligent enough to want to use our brains to work it out. In the end our brains are such tiny things compared to what we never can KNOW. That’s why the impossible and miraculous are in God’s Realm and not ours. Wonderful to think about.

“And he doesn’t even know, he is the one who is not mature enough to understand.” Which also brings up the our arrogance before Almighty God.

Uh Huh. Doesn’t seem to cross some minds that God might be smarter than they. Seriously it shows how dark spiritual things are to those who are not spiritual. The more our need to pray against the forces of darkness for the deliverance of the blind.

What a wonderful tale. And isn’t it true that, for children, the process of trying to solve a puzzle is as satisfying as the solution itself. It’s one of the best reasons to keep considering the mysteries of life. We may not get the answer in this life, but we certainly can have a good bit of enjoyment!

I so admire those who keep trying! You’ll like my story tomorrow too. Precious little Kdg girl in the learning process. It seems so rational when we think about the paths to a solution in our past; seems we could be a little more prone to sticking with a problem now until we get it processed. I think our modern methods contribute to giving up or claiming “I’m too dumb” rather to persistent trial and error until the right answer comes. One example is the use of games or reading programs where children reach their comfort zones the zone out! Love my little one tomorrow.

4. Dawn Marie says:

Beautiful…do not be surprised if I re-blog this one day!

5. I am totally loving this post. We try to rationalize everything through our human eyes’. A rich learning in this post.

6. Pingback: Featured Posts – Share Your Post Links | a cooking pot and twisted tales