ADD SPARK TO ROUTINE, writer’s quote challenge

“I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.” Helen Keller

For this week’s Writers Quote Challenge, please share with us a “small task” which you feel you have accomplished in a “great and noble” way.

How “great and noble” are you when it comes to frying eggs, changing tires, picking up toys, teaching manners to your children, making the grocery list, making the bed, playing Candy Land, combing your mother’s hair?  Okay, you are on your own.  What does this quote mean to you?

My Submission:

For many years I have taught adult Sunday School classes, generally to people who are my peers.  It seemed dull to me to teach the same thing we had “learned” many times before.  After all what could I say that had not already been said.  So I make it a challenge to study, research, pray, google :D, until I find something that I have never known before – even if the story is about David and Goliath!  That helps me to accomplish the routine in a more exciting way.

invitation-shel-silverstein

The Writer’s Quote Challenge is a weekly blogging event. Either make up your own sayings or use a quote from a famous author that you find gives you inspiration. Each Thursday, a hostess will post the prompt and all you have to do is participate.  Category: Writer’s Quote Challenge

Our hostesses are:

Bernadette at http://www.HaddonMusings.com

Jacqueline at http://www.Acookingpotandtwistedtales.com

Joan at http://www.familyparentingandbeyoned.wordpress.com

Oneta at http://www.onetahayes.com

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writer's Quote Challenge and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to ADD SPARK TO ROUTINE, writer’s quote challenge

1. Reblogged this on a cooking pot and twisted tales and commented:
    What spark are you adding to your routine? Writers’ Quote Challenge.

Thank you, Jacque. I wasn’t sure whether or not I followed the right procedure for hosting the quote challenge this week. Let me know if I should have done something differently. Thanks much for the reblog. If others write about the topic, will I find them by tag search, or do you print all of them?

2. If we didn’t add a bit of spark we would be dead from boring routine. I like the quote.

3. Reena Saxena says:

My rule is to add at least one bit of knowledge today, which I did not know yesterday. And this does not include the Daily News or work-related emails. It could be just an article on a new concept..

4. Pingback: Complementar la magia a la rutina, desafío cita del escritor – apserranoblog

5. Bernadette says:

Oneta, great quote and a great reminder that all things great and small are deserving of mindful attention.

Thank you, Bernadette. Now I need to go serve my meatloaf in a style fit for my king; he will prefer his in front of the television, thank you, ma’am. So my king will get it his way and he will serve himself in the process. 😀

6. Bernadette says:

Reblogged this on Haddon Musings and commented:
    A fantastic prompt about being mindful.

7. oneta hayes says:

Thanks for the re-blog.

8. paddywest says:

My days here, at home, are pretty chilled and laid back with my two dogs. Yesterday was a perfect weather day here in Florida so we spent most of the day outside, picking up moss, walking. A friend had posted on FB that her blood pressure was over the top. I just asked “what the heck”? Later she text and asked if she could come over. We sat out by the pool, I listened to her with intent about her anxiety trying to get her roommate in sync with her new schedule, gave her a beer, an ice pack, taught her some tapping techniques and sent her on her way Did my small task make me feel noble? No, I was just happy I was there for a friend who needed me.

9. ~M says: