I am not a trend setter; I can’t even be classified as a trend follower. Trend-lagger might come close. Therefore, I am warning all the bare legged women to begin to set aside some money for the new rage in hose. I’m saying that because I went to church last week bare-footed. Well, not really bare-footed. I had a piece of leather-like foot floppers attached to my bare feet. They are called flip-flops. When they first came out they were called thongs and you could get them for $l.99, now they are called flip-flops and they are more like $25.99! I have read that they were responsible for a 20 billion dollar haul during the year of 2009. Now that I have five pair of pretty colored attention getting flip-flops for my feet, I’m predicting the big money people are ready to sell us new footwear; they are lusting for another 20 billion take.
I read a survey four or five years ago which indicated that most women thought their feet were the ugliest part of their bodies. Right in the midst of that mind set, the bare feet five-inch-heel sandals came along. The nail salons had to make room for additional pedicure stations as the hose industry plunged. However, with that pretty polish on the toe-nails, they painful red of blood pulsing toes seemed to be less evident.
Anyway back to my status as a predictor of new trends. Since I have unashamedly now gone to church in flip-flops , the market is sure to change. Maybe it can snazzy-up the bedroom slipper look and sell that to the unsuspecting new trend setters. When that happens I plan to be setting on ready!
Okay the rules…
- No cheating. (It must be your first post. Not your second post, not one you love…first post only.)
- Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it or, if not, curse them with a plague of ladybugs).
- Cut and paste your old post into a new post or reblog your own bad self. (Either way is fine but NO editing.)
- Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
ten two twelvefive (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.
- Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
- Feel free to cut and paste the badge to use in your post.
- Include “the rules” in your post.
Completely silly rules that someone made up as they typed:
- Drink a glass of wine, bottle of beer, cup of coffee, mug of herbal tea or whatever floats your boat after you hit “publish”. (In other words, toast yourself. Go you!)
- Read the post out loud in a Mickey Mouse voice.
who to nominate
I’m never one to follow rules, so I’m opening the hop to whomever would like to join in. Remember, use the #MyFirstPostRevisited in the title of your post! Have fun!!