PROFILE – ME

oneta1

Dear Blogging Friends, I am drawing your attention to the fact that I have finally added a picture to my profile.  Don’t overlook me.  I am no longer that generic icon.  Well, what did you think?   It has taken me over two years to try.  After just a little help from a Happiness Engineer, I did it!  I had to face the fact that time was not being all that kind to me in the looks department, so I better get it over with.  I’ll never be any younger!  But I’m sure I will be prettier some day.  Oh, better to have a dream and not achieve it, than to never have a dream!  One of you posted about that this week.  I’m happy; as my post today said, “We are wonderfully made.”

This entry was posted in blogging, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

47 Responses to PROFILE – ME

1. Hello pretty lady!!! ❤

2. ~M says:

You’re beautiful!!! It’s about time we see your lovely face! 💕

3. Debbie L says:

Oh so nice to finally see you!!! Beautiful!

4. I am hoping to look so beautiful when I hit 83!!

5. Lovely to see your face Oneta! 🙂 ❤

I think your portrait is lovely — as I like to tell people, I worked hard to achieve every wrinkle and gray hair, and I intend to be proud of them. I’ve thought about a photograph as an avatar, but after nearly ten years of using my Alphonse Mucha girl all across the web, I hate to change. In the next months, I’m going to get rid of Shoreacres as my screen name and go with Linda Leinen. Once people are used to that, I may switch avatars.

It’s amazing to remember how set on complete anonymity we were fifteen years ago, when I first got started on the web. Things have changed a good bit — and mostly for the better, I think.

• shoreacres says:

Well, changed for the better in the part of the web we inhabit. Just like the real world, there are some neighborhoods I wouldn’t think of entering.

I’ve run on to a few I don’t care to dwell in. Fortunately there are lovely blogging neighborhoods. I would love to meet more, but can’t seem to find time to browse new areas. When you change your name, also change your avatar. It won’t take more than three blogs until we know it is you under cover. No one can do it like Linda! I did do the post with my picture because after so long I was afraid I would not be “spotted” without my generic icon. Sometimes I get in long lines of comments and quickly run down the row looking for pictures I recognize, then stop to read them. About how I look, I’ll be content to look like this for the next sixteen years. Actually I don’t care a lot, just give me the sixteen years!

7. Olga says:

You are a wonder at 83, Oneta. I’m 63 and still hiding my face from my blog, though there is a new pic I did introduce of my Sassy dog and myself in my “About” page awhile ago. Wonderful for you that you have shown your lovely visage to your blogging friends. Best wishes! ❤

Good morning, Olga. Nice waking up to find these nice words to me. Next time I visit I will check your About to see your picture. Changed my mind and hopped over just now. Your picture is sweet. You are a pretty lady with a wonderful smile. And you Sassy looks very pretty also. I imagine the smile in her heart with all the love you give to her.

8. -Arifa says:

You are beautiful! Well done on gaining the courage to make your avatar a picture of you

Thank you, sweet girl. It is a good morning at my house. I think perhaps you are ending the day? I’m not sure where you are, but what ever is left of your day make it enjoyable.

• -Arifa says:

Very happy to hear you are having a good morning! I live in England so my day hasn’t ended yet, aha. It is around half 2. Wish the day was ending because my day at university has tired me out

You still have a long time before rest time, don’t you? My husband is English. Lived there during the London blitz, then was evacuated to Wales Served in the merchant marines Then he had to come here in order to meet me! We’ve been married sixty-two years, so that was ancient history to you, no doubt. Keep plugging away at those studies. They are hard but of short duration in one’s overall life span. 😀

I’m delighted to see your avatar picture. I tried in the past to see if your face was in the image. Beautiful photo. Mine was taken when my first book was published . Probably i’m a bit different now (4 years later) and I should think about updating I suppose. Yours is new, welcomed and lovely. Well done!

You have a beautiful picture and I’m sure four years has not made much change. I seldom have pictures except those that are with other family members. I cropped out my husband and sons in this one! Have a great day or restful night (maybe).

10. I see your pretty self. I knew you would be pretty after seeing your sisters photos 🙂

11. Roos Ruse says:

You look lovely. I’d much rather see that smile then a generic icon any time.

After all these nice comments I feel paid off handsomely. I really didn’t know how to do it, then I just got lazy and didn’t give it much priority. Thank you.

• Roos Ruse says:

Typically I loathe taking photos of me, but I noticed there were only a couple of me all the years my boys were growing up. That taught me to buck up and make the best of it. You did a great job!

Back in my school teachng days, it was one a year. Remember? I could have used one of them – would only be thirty years ago!

• Roos Ruse says:

I remember well. Mine were a source of anxiety as a child. Now I think they’re wonderful. Perspective. Eh? They still take annual school pictures in Chicago land.

I love them. Hard copies once a year. Otherwise I see them on FB one day, then they are gone. I have started making some hard copes from FB on occasion. I really hate when someone shows me their darling on those tiny cell phones. As soon as my clumsy fingers reach the phone, the picture is gone. Come on school pictures! 😀