TAX TIME

Hear testy taxpayers –

Cawing as a cackle of crows –

As they

Pony up, shell out

Cough up, slap down

Ante up, square off

Settle up, hand out

Clean up, pay up, or

plank down

No matter what you call it

It’s done with a frown!

Break the bank or max you out

Won’t be fun, without a doubt!

Together they form a murmuration

Like grousing, gaggling geese.

Then breath a sigh, and get to work

365 more days of elbow grease.

Thanks to Krista at The Daily Post for prompt – murmuration.

HERE

<a href=”https://dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/murmuration/”>Murmuration</a&gt;

This entry was posted in The Daily Post, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to TAX TIME

1. True George says:

The time of the year where the gov’t squeeze the every penny they could get from your hard work….

Most of us see it as squeezing harder than they ought to. 😀 The way I see it is that IRS wouldn’t be so bad if there were all the different layers of tax. national, state, county, city, on down to the telephone, then toss in car tags, fishing license, etc. All together that makes a whale of a tax system. Good to meet you, George. Don’t think we have met before, have we?

2. Really like this post….not the taxes so much but the post…..wonderful!

Mostly having fun, and wanted to use the word “murmuration” as prompted by the Daily Post. I figured that was a group that could grumble about a common issue. The kind of thng bloggers do, you know! Thank you. 😀

I’d leave a comment, but I’m afraid the government would come along and take twenty-five per cent of my words — and then where would I be? Well — here:

I’d leave a …, but I’m afraid … government would come ….and take twenty-five… cent of ,,,, words — …. then where would.. be? Well — ,,,,,!

Tax deserved bring it on, But tax just greed I frown upon, Like the expression of your post.

I realize there is a need for taxes. I want protection, highways, schools. Up to about 20% I can handle without gripes – if that 20% included all taxes. Parks, libraries, and the “arts” could be privately funded by supporters. Welfare should be the obligation of families and churches. The rebels who don’t want to live within the boundary set by their families or churches, should get to work. I’ve spent some time with the homeless and I am fairly well convinced most of them had someone they could have lived with except they would not submit to the rules of that household. So much for that. I guess I should write a post!

5. I like this post, though I always have troubles with everything else, paying the taxes mostly. 😀

6. calensariel says:

LOL! I was a receptionist for H&R Block for a time and I’d say you nailed this! 😀