MAX THE MUSIC MAN

mandolin 3

Max the Music Man rocked his mandolin,

Toe-tappin’, hand-clappin’ grew hip again.

He made music that lingers,

With his fast fancy fingers

Then treated his calluses with lanolin.

SOCS

Prompt from SoCS: use “man” either as a whole word or as a part of a word.

photo from dreamstime

LindaGHill

This entry was posted in SoCS, Stream of Consciousness Saturday, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to MAX THE MUSIC MAN

1. JoAnna says:

I love it! Great use of the prompt!

2. Jami Carder says:

I like this:)

3. Colette B says:

That’s a fun to read Limerick Oneta, good use of the prompt word 🙂 Maybe commenting works – just popping in from the reader.

I always feel “warm” when seeing your name pop up. I would see it more often if I would visit BW more, wouldn’t I? I see you over there on occasion. Thanks for coming to see me. 😀

4. micketalbot says:

Love it! As a ukulele playing man, I know all about calluses, ouch!

Didn’t realize it was using a prompt word but like the expression of it.

I sometimes have to be urged to get with it; I like the prompts which do that for me. They generally do not take long and are fun to do. At least most of the time I make them fun. My uncle plays the mandolin so he was my mental image for the limerick. I haven’t done a limerick since Rashmi quit her challenge to us. I miss her. I could look up on tags and find someone else if I would take the time. Busy. But happy. Thanks for the blessings in my life.