COME, HOLY SPIRIT

jesusDear Blogging Friends, today’s post will probably cross some theological lines with some of you, especially, if you are Muslim.  However, I am a Christian; I believe salvation comes only through/by Jesus Christ.  I care too much not to post when something impacts me like the following dream.  It has been a year or more, but the truth from my account that day is still with me.  On this Sunday, with the Easter season in mind, I post.

I was awakened from a dream in which I had a slight acquaintance with a Muslim family, a dad, mother, and some kids. The father was present at the beginning of the dream but then he went away, a couple of the kids were there. This family was here in America and they had been taking some Christian classes, they were allowing their children to be Christian if they wanted to be. The mother said something like this, “What else do we have to do?” speaking of being indoctrinated into being Christians. With my arms around her, she leaned into me in a manner of receiving comfort. Dream ended.

My heart was broken. How hard it must be to shake off years of false doctrine! I’m screaming in my heart, “Oh, God, why don’t you do something?” We can give head knowledge from here to forever (indoctrinate), but nothing can deliver except the Holy Spirit, who points the way to Jesus.

And dear friends of whatever culture, the truth is that no Christian can become a Christian by indoctrination or head knowledge.  We may have been born into a dominant Christian culture, but each of us comes to Christ when drawn by the Holy Spirit to a belief in Jesus who saves from our sins simply by accepting Him and his atonement/payment for our sins.  Nothing anyone can do beyond receiving his gift.  After that has happened, we are to be obedient to live the style of life into which he calls us.

Christians, churches, quit playing, start praying!  We are here so short a time.  Whosoever will may come.  The forces of darkness are daunting BUTthey are subject to the Lord Jesus Christ.  Let us not forget.

This entry was posted in Christianity, Muslim, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

52 Responses to COME, HOLY SPIRIT

1. ~M says:

This dream reminds me of one of my closest friends who is Muslim. She and I both speak openly about our beliefs and I love her so much. She has said before, that she would like her kids to come to my Bible believing church, because she thinks the fellowship would be good for them. Unfortunately, they have other classes on the same night, that our children’s events take place. She has also tried to attend another Christian church in our community and said she did not feel welcome there. So as Christians, if we want to share Jesus with others, we cannot be critical of others and how they may look, act, or think. We need to be accepting of everyone who walks through our church doors. Or else the message will not be delivered.

2. Such a relevant truth! Coming to Christ is not conformation but transformation. It is by no means behavior modification or “turning over a new leaf”. People of all walks of life need this truth, and we have the great privilege to share it.

3. You are so right…..we cannot be saved by our parents’ salvation and oneness with the Holy Spirit. It is something we must all come to personally.
    I think you are also so right that we need to be praying for softened hearts and the Holy Spirit to enter them.
    I don’t think we need to apologize for our faith. That is the beauty of blogging….we are all free to state our beliefs. No one is forced to read them or comment. Keep preaching it sister! And keep living it as that is the best preaching there is.

Thank you, dear. I appreciate your confirmation, support, and encouragement.

• Amein💕..Dear Sister
      Hello.. My name is Janet.. and am also a fellow follower of Christ Jesus.. since a child.. I love your posting.. yes .. we need more folks that will yield at all cost to ..Reflect The Life of Our Lord Jesus.. and intercession is tremendously needed at all times.. Sister:.. please feel free and encouraged to enlighten..encourage within my post .. I have just begun a blog from word press.. The Holy Spirit has lead to out to the vineyards to reach the lost and strayed.. The is : as you know : The Time of The Remant Bride to Awaken.. So please join me upon my blog to reach out the others that are seeking
      My Email here on Word press is:
      Hisrehbecka7@icloud.com
      Or:
      Facebook:
      Screen name
      JD Del Selva
      God Bless.. Be well💕💯

Janet, thank you for your sweet invitation to participate on your blog. I went over to visit you and mark your follow, but find it is private so I didn’t stay. I do not generally do e-mails on WP. Love your picture profile I hope to see you again. God bless your enthusiasm and ministry for him. I’ll see if I can find you on FB. I see you have addressed this to “thechickengrandma.” I’m a grandma among the bloggers but not that one. My name is Oneta and my blog name is sweet aroma. My URL is onetahayes.come. Come see me again and I’ll try to keep track of your progress. 😀

• Ohhh I’m sorry.. lol. I’m new to blogging. Lol. It’s my first time. And creating a group.. I will gladly change the settings.. to public. To reach more souls.. I am a past mentor in the church I served in on Cape Cod MA.. but am on fire 🔥 to serve Him I deeply love. I have shared your posting to reach out to others.. I hope you didn’t mind.. ok❤️.. looking forward to your friendship!!. Janet😊

There are a lot of things to learn to begin blogging. Looks like you are getting it all together. I’m sure the Holy Spirit will give you help and wisdom. Yes, I do believe you can reach more people by allowing public. Just be aware that evil exists and would like to make you stumble, so be wary of being too personal. I am thrilled that you want to give some of my posts more exposure on your blog. Thank you.

• I will have to venture over there! Blessings to you!

Oh indeed Come Holy Spirit! Sister I stand shoulder to shoulder with you in what you have written. There is Only ONE SAVIOUR. All will one day come to the Cross. Jews and Muslims. It does not matter what your heritage, culture, national identity…….Christ ALONE is the GREAT I AM of history. From the beginning to the end. It is written!. One Saviour! One Lord! If only all our churches in your country and mine would stop the political correctness. Love is not compromise on what the Holy Spirit confirms in our hearts and lives. Bless you Oneta. Keep writing!

I love your heart for people. That is a gift!

6. calensariel says:

I am so glad I don’t have to make decisions about a person’s soul. I think our prime directive as believers is to love people with the witness of our life. The Holy Spirit with do the rest.

7. Salvageable says:

You make some very good points. Please do not forget, though, that the Holy Spirit works through the Word of God to change hearts and to grant faith. Doctrine and “head-knowledge” may seem less important than faith and “heart-knowledge,” but the two cannot be separated. How can I confess Jesus as Lord without speaking doctrine. (Saying “Jesus is Lord” is already doctrine.) J.

8. Such truth!!! So beautiful!!! Jesus loves you so much! Keep on doing what you’re doing!!!✨🌿

Thank you for reading and leaving the comment. Sweet words of encouragement. I went over and browsed you blog a bit and left a follow so I will see you later. 😀

9. God's Blog says:

Greetings and Blessings! Amen! 🙂

Thank you. I went over to your blog. Looks like you are a busy man! I checked your follow. I saw the bit about a free kindle book for Saturday, June 3. Looked at the clock and it is 12:01. Just missed. I will check it out later. I hardly read any books except kindle anymore. Most font is too small to be comfortable.

10. Winnie Andango says:

Thanks local church has planted a new church community in a mainly Muslim area. it’s been amazing to see them interacting with the church community bringing the kids to creche etc. We believe we are there to touch them with the love of Christ. Thanks

11. How well I pray this in prayer ..for the renewal of the earth.

However, whenever, wherever it comes, the real thing can only come by “the Real Thing” – the Holy Spirit. I appreciate your caring. I do too. Thanks for reading and commenting.

12. I love and believe everywhere word you said. We could use more words like this in the world now-a-days. ❤

13. Thank you for your thoughts and insights. I am thankful that God held onto me when others would not. Because of the hope He gave me, I am here.

14. May God continually give you the strength to proclaim His word.