“WHO AM I?”

A life spent being fearful of showing your soul is a life not worth living.”
― Shannon L. Alder

A few days ago athling at A Writer’s Life presented the quote above by ― Shannon L. Alder.   I asked her at that time if she would mind if I pass it on in this Writer’s Quote Challenge.  —–

How much of your soul do you reveal in posts for your blogs?  I think many bloggers blog because it give opportunity to vent about themselves in a way that is at least semi-anonymous.

There seems to be so many people who are trying to “discover” themselves.  From my vantage point in age, I say, “Relax, you will not will not be your full self until the day you die.”  Every day adds a new layer to the person you are.  Even if it is the most boring horrible day of “nothingness” it is a day that adds to who you are becoming.

If you don’t feel complete yet, it is because you are not complete yet.  So whatever “soul” you show is in a developing stage.  Therefore, take joy in the journey.  You need not hide flaws or imperfections, you need not pretend, you are still in the metamorphosis stage!

invitation-shel-silverstein

Writer’s Quote Challenge for April 6th.  Write a post about the above quote and tag it “Writer’s Quote Challenge.”  This is an activity organized by Jacque

Writers Quote Challenge Prompt

This entry was posted in Uncategorized, Writer's Quote Challenge and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to “WHO AM I?”

1. Thanks for sharing this!

2. calensariel says:

Most excellent post, Oneta! Reminds me of the Michael Card song “Joy in the Journey.” Do you know it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfW61yKyirY

3. Booky Glover says:

“Relax, you will not will not be your full self until the day you die.”
    I love this one best.

We worry about so many things and forget to relax and enjoy the ride.
    Dearest Oneta, thanks for sharing this piece.

4. I am loving this post, Oneta. Life is a metamorphosis for each of us and we go through the stage every day till the very end.

5. Reblogged this on a cooking pot and twisted tales and commented:
    It’s a long journey of discovery. Enjoy being and finding you.

6. Kalama says:

Everyday we keep learning a new phase as we grow in maturity than the previous day. Finding yourself is a process especially for a person who’s trying to get back on his or her feet. He or she is stuck between going with his old beliefs and self or be a much refined person. I chose to be a much refined person. I love your poem ‘invitation’.

Refusing to change or acknowledge change just results in further change. Sounds paradoxical, doesn’t it? For instance, if I’m a liar and I refuse to change I am still a liar but a more “hardened’ one. If one says, “I’ll wait until later to decide about be a Christian, in reality, he has decided not to be. I’m glad you liked Invitation. Thanks for comments. 😀

7. This is perfectly obvious, but also a very hidden truth…at least for me. Thank you for this very keen insight!

8. athling2001 says:

Still gives me chills!

I hope they are happy chills. Life has been so good. Almost every new thing I learn about myself has enlarged life even more. But everything has not been pleasant as I walked through the issue. The confidence in His promise and plan for me, keeps me looking up and forward. It’s good, dear. 😀