AN AGED LOVE

Why do I come? Why do I continue to sit with you.  Why did I spend time with you every day although you did not know me or know that I was there?  Then you were bound to the bed, now bound to the earth.  You didn’t know me those years while bed-fast and  comatose.

I come because now I have hope.  My heart tells me you know.  I have more hope being here every day.  Perhaps you see, you hear, you care.  Bound to the bed, the earth, my heart.  Spirit is free.  Come, my darling.  Sit with me.

https://rochellewisoff.com/2017/04/26/28-april-2017/Rochelle picture prompt

This entry was posted in aging, Friday Fictioneers, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to AN AGED LOVE

1. artseafartsea says:

What lovely, hopeful thoughts.

2. calensariel says:

Your words and thoughts are so beautiful, Oneta. Is that a picture you took?

3. That is very moving 🙂

4. Laura says:

This is just beautiful. Love the photo.

5. Dawn Marie says:

Hugs & Blessings for your words so tender, which melts the frost that is depicted. Beautiful.

6. Dale says:

Somehow I missed this one! What a sad thing it would have been to not stumble upon it.
    So very beautifully written.

7. Dear Oneta,

I, too, missed this one but am glad to have found it. Welcome to Friday Fictioneers. What a lovely piece. It brought tears to my eyes.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Rochelle, I’m so glad you found me. I’m sure I did not follow instructions well on a few of your challenges because this “broken mirror” is the only one I found the “link up” on. I love the challenge. I plan to see you often. Thanks for the opportunity to find more friends. And yes, peace to you, dear lady.

8. I just found it too, by chance. A person could get into a whole theological debate with this story. 🙂

I dropped in to suggest you do the Categories, and especially the Archives, as drop-down lists rather than putting the whole long spiel in your side bar. It’s neater, IMO, and only a one-click deal for anyone who’s interested in looking back.

How much I wish I knew how to do those nice things on my blog. I have no teacher and no other blogger that I know. I basically pitched in and learned by myself with some help from WP. Mostly the online help I can get assume I know something! Throw around words like widgets, customize, plug in. Or maybe I’m told my theme won’t do such and such! But I have been on long enough now that is is being a problem. I don’t like the long archives either. I just today learned how to deal with removing some people I follow. I even carry blogs that are inactive. It was getting so hard to scroll them.
      About the theological issue, you are right. It is not even my theology! Just a story. Thanks for the prod. I will try to check out combining the categories and tags. They are messy and unworkable. 😀 Watch me. I’ll do it. 😀

• If you ever need help, I’ll gladly advise — if I know how myself. But if you go to your dashboard, or Site Admin. and click on Appearance, one of the words on the little list that appears is Widgets. Click on that and you’ll see your list of installed widgets on the Right, under Side Bar.
        Click on Categories > EDIT and it will bring up another screen. The top option is Display as dropdown. Click on that box and you’ll get a checkmark. Then the little blue box that says Save Widget. Bingo! Should do it. Repeat with Archives.

9. oneta hayes says:

Great instructions and I did it; however it did not remove the long lists. Is there a way to remove them from sidebar and just show in drop downs?

• Well, I thought that would do it!? Now I’d go to Support and explain the problem to them. They may need to guide you or even adjust something.

Thanks again. Since you have urged me to one success, I might inquire around about some other changes I want and don’t have. They say, “nothing changes unless you change it,” or something like that. 😀