AN AGED LOVE

Why do I come? Why do I continue to sit with you.  Why did I spend time with you every day although you did not know me or know that I was there?  Then you were bound to the bed, now bound to the earth.  You didn’t know me those years while bed-fast and  comatose.

I come because now I have hope.  My heart tells me you know.  I have more hope being here every day.  Perhaps you see, you hear, you care.  Bound to the bed, the earth, my heart.  Spirit is free.  Come, my darling.  Sit with me.

https://rochellewisoff.com/2017/04/26/28-april-2017/Rochelle picture prompt

This entry was posted in aging, Friday Fictioneers, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to AN AGED LOVE

1. artseafartsea says:

What lovely, hopeful thoughts.

2. calensariel says:

Your words and thoughts are so beautiful, Oneta. Is that a picture you took?

3. That is very moving 🙂

4. Laura says:

This is just beautiful. Love the photo.

5. Dawn Marie says:

Hugs & Blessings for your words so tender, which melts the frost that is depicted. Beautiful.

6. Dale says:

Somehow I missed this one! What a sad thing it would have been to not stumble upon it.
    So very beautifully written.

7. Dear Oneta,

I, too, missed this one but am glad to have found it. Welcome to Friday Fictioneers. What a lovely piece. It brought tears to my eyes.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Rochelle, I’m so glad you found me. I’m sure I did not follow instructions well on a few of your challenges because this “broken mirror” is the only one I found the “link up” on. I love the challenge. I plan to see you often. Thanks for the opportunity to find more friends. And yes, peace to you, dear lady.

8. I just found it too, by chance. A person could get into a whole theological debate with this story. 🙂

I dropped in to suggest you do the Categories, and especially the Archives, as drop-down lists rather than putting the whole long spiel in your side bar. It’s neater, IMO, and only a one-click deal for anyone who’s interested in looking back.

How much I wish I knew how to do those nice things on my blog. I have no teacher and no other blogger that I know. I basically pitched in and learned by myself with some help from WP. Mostly the online help I can get assume I know something! Throw around words like widgets, customize, plug in. Or maybe I’m told my theme won’t do such and such! But I have been on long enough now that is is being a problem. I don’t like the long archives either. I just today learned how to deal with removing some people I follow. I even carry blogs that are inactive. It was getting so hard to scroll them.
      About the theological issue, you are right. It is not even my theology! Just a story. Thanks for the prod. I will try to check out combining the categories and tags. They are messy and unworkable. 😀 Watch me. I’ll do it. 😀

• If you ever need help, I’ll gladly advise — if I know how myself. But if you go to your dashboard, or Site Admin. and click on Appearance, one of the words on the little list that appears is Widgets. Click on that and you’ll see your list of installed widgets on the Right, under Side Bar.
        Click on Categories > EDIT and it will bring up another screen. The top option is Display as dropdown. Click on that box and you’ll get a checkmark. Then the little blue box that says Save Widget. Bingo! Should do it. Repeat with Archives.

• Karen Valle says:

I am 63, in over my head, little experience, trying to figure out all the lingo, and have not the grasp yet of categories, tags, menus and how to use them. I have no real training when it comes to writing…but I love to share from my heart memories and experiences especially now I’m aging. I am a bit overwhelmed (my husband already kept me from hitting the delete button) 😇 not 100% sure how to proceed, but I needed to at least try…God bless you…your post and your thread has encouraged me to keep on keeping on.

Welcome to blogging, Karen. I understand your feeling. I have always been very active outside the home. The Lord had always keep me in good health and I seldom had to stay at home for any reason. My last “job” was with a church where I basically had the responsibility for their “at home” people, mostly elders. Then in 2012 I got sick, bad sick. God took me through it the hard way instead of the easy way. That got settled by surgery Then in 2013 I had an aortic disection with a acute heart attack. That part of my story is here: https://onetahayes.com/about/why-me-lord/ There is more at https://onetahayes.com/2016/01/31/im-glad-i-did-not-die/ My point is that I could see no way to continue the kind of life style I had always led. Therefore, blogging. We had/have no bloggers in the family or friends. I started at zero. I believed I could do it by the help of the Lord. I, like you, had so many stories to tell; I am so grateful for my solid upbringing; I’m so glad for family. However, getting my family to sit down and listen to me was .. anyway, no chance. Except for devotions at Thanksgiving! I determined to put something in writing for the future, and I also had a heart for younger generations who lacked my advantages growing up (poor but blessed). The long and short of it is that sticking to it, paying the annual $95 to WP for their Happiness Engineers, and the gracious and trustworthy help of my Master, I have “become a blogger.” That means you can to. I do not return all followers. I try to keep my followers below 500 (I think there are 631 now) but I am determined to be able to develop personal relationships with other bloggers. I try to ignore the stats, but I confess to checking each night! I want the anointing of the Lord on my activities; I believe I have that. You have a beautiful blog; you have to know something more than I did. You have a customized header! I just figured out how to change mine two nights ago. Still don’t have the skills for using my own picture! Up and at’em, Karen. You are twenty years my junior; I might need a disciple to leave my friendly blogging community to. I do have wonderful followers. At this point I would suggest you go to the “like” icons on my blog and pull up some of them. At least you would know you are starting to make friends with active bloggers who will interact with you. I’ll see you around. I’m going over to click your follow.

• Actually, it’s kind of interesting, after reading your reply here, my eyes teared up a bit. Not sure why, except maybe a kindred spirit and the encouragement. I appreciate it so much, and the add. I am sorry you have had a rough go of it. I will check out your story on that as soon as I am done with this reply. I’m so grateful that we have Jesus to run too. In all my struggles (and we all have them), and a chronic illness (diabetes and other side effects of that) I can attest that God has been good through it all. I look forward to your posts. Thank you for reaching out to me…

• I tried leaving a message earlier, not sure it got through, so will try again (I was on a tablet, now on my computer). I love your website. I am 63 years old, and no real formal training as far as writing…I just try and write from my heart. I guess I ‘journal’ more than anything. I am probably way over my head in all of this…and I relate to not being very technical. I’ve figured a few things out…but categories and menus and pages…well, just when I think I’ve got it…I realize I don’t. hahaha. Rss feeds / follows/ and so many things to learn! Anyway, I am going to go slow and pray God leads the way, I have so many memories, and experiences and a desire to encourage and share my faith along the way. God bless you!

My blog “theme” (twenty-one) is not very obvious about where to leave comments. If someone opens it up before you get there it is easy, but the first commenter has to open on a little “leave a comment” listed after the tags, and categories. Not easy to see. I’m not real sure since I do not operate from the reader’s side. Help, I don’t know if I know what I’m talking about. I like your “about” page. That will pull in some people who want to exchange “pleasantries.” And your “home” is good. Pretty picture. I got lost on such things as “open your editor,” Say, What! I’ve been two years without understanding widgets, blog rolls, re-blog. But I’m learning. Meanwhile, I’m writing, reading, “liking,” and commenting. As a retired teacher, I have learned to “like” lots of stuff. I almost always leave likes. They are encouraging. And even if I don’t agree I can generally “like” a person’s viewpoint. I draw the line at vulgarity, however.

• You sound a lot like me. There were some ‘words’ I had to flag so they wouldn’t show up on my page,and I had a hard time even writing them out. hahaha. Now I’m going to have to go find out what a blog roll is, and how to use re-blog? I almost trashed the whole site a few days ago but my husband intervened (bless his heart and he lived to tell about it), and today I will get my notebook out and ‘go back to school.’ One step at a time, one day at a time, and while I’m trying to figure everything out, my pages might look a bit ‘schizophrenic,’ as I keep changing things. God bless and thank you.

9. oneta hayes says:

Great instructions and I did it; however it did not remove the long lists. Is there a way to remove them from sidebar and just show in drop downs?

• Well, I thought that would do it!? Now I’d go to Support and explain the problem to them. They may need to guide you or even adjust something.

Thanks again. Since you have urged me to one success, I might inquire around about some other changes I want and don’t have. They say, “nothing changes unless you change it,” or something like that. 😀