FOR WANT OF A BAG

bag1

“For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe the horse was lost. For want of a horse the rider was lost. For want of a rider the message was lost.”

ORGANIZING FOR SPRING CLEANING

1.  What can you give away, return, or recycle?

Loose papers, newspapers, and other recycle papers

Overdue and lost Library books other borrowed books

Obsolete toys

2.  What can you bag up for neater storage?

Bag folded winter sweaters, stack neatly in closet

Bag spare/odd socks, for craft projects

Bag old clothes you can’t part with yet

3.  What needs emptied and cleaned?

Empty and clean all garbage cans and replace bags

Clean out cars, separate good stuff from waste

Freeze and drop old food into tightly tied bags, then throw in trash can

4.  What needs to be put out of sight?

Bag up toys of sentimental value to be taken to attic

Old textbooks from the fifties and sixties, bag and store under the bed

All obsolete tech items, whole and in part, with various chargers and cables, can be bagged and stored in the broken down car out back.

To get started–

Step 1 – Go to the pantry where the  egg cartons, step stools, Walmart bags, food trays, measuring devices, broken appliances, and Pringle Cans  are tossed.

Step 2  –  Uck-Oh!  I can’t start today because I have run out of Walmart bags!  What is the chance of that?  First ever since I was married in 1953. Must be in the stars for me not to clean this spring.

“…for want of a bag, the spring clean up is lost…”

This entry was posted in humor, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to FOR WANT OF A BAG

1. Salvageable says:

Or you can pile it all into a storage shed and wait for a timely fire. J.

2. Maybe that is my problem with spring cleaning. Lately, I’m short on bags too. 🙂

I told my sisters (on FB) they could use Neiman Marcus bags; that way they would run out a lot quicker. 😀 I hope our shortage of Walmart bags is not a sign of a poor economy! 😀

• Lol. Well it’s only fair to say I use bags for everything: my pup and trash bins mostly. As for Walmart and the economy…I think Amazon has pushed Walmart a bit, and Target is a huge competitor, specifically where I live now. As for me, I enjoy shopping diversity so I’ll take all three.😊

I heard this morning that Amazon has given up shipping charges for purchases over $25. I’m checking out both for a portable DVD player. I want one for my grandchildren. I’ll take up this subject for a blog. Too much for here. Thanks for the interaction. I like a bit of give and take in comments. You’re a jewel.

What a challenge. We downsized a few years ago BUT………all the ‘good stuff’ still remains. Teaching books etc etc. I have been part of a fellowship for nearly forty years. I feel I simply can’t throw away all the history. but……….what if a fire swept through? I never would want that to happen so maybe though its coming up to winter here…..One box at a time. Where are my storage bags? Perhaps I’ll use rubbish and recycling ones. I need to!

Of course I was joking about the storage in Walmart bags but, seriously, it can cost quite a bit if one buys all the proper stuff for putting things away. Most online suggestions look so pretty but I know one can easily spend $30-40 buying for just one cabinet or closet. So bring on the freebies!

4. calmkate says:

lol, you are a real larrikin Oneta! Run out of bags, sure?

Larrikin, huh? Okay, I’m busted! You caught me. Obviously I exaggerated a bit. I had at least one to get a picture. But what is one when what I needed was a blog subject! Really though I had gone to the pantry to get a bag and found I was low in my bag inventory Truth is I’ve started buying a lot at Aldi’s, no bags provided. I took my Walmart bags to load my Aldi’s purchases. Oh, my. Now you know the truth.:D

5. I love this post. Very true. But you can do it. Have a great day!