MY YOUNG MOTHERS, THANK YOU

“Tell of his deeds…to your children and future generations.”

mother hen 1

“You’re depending on me a lot, aren’t you, Grandma?”

“Yes, Sweetie, I am,”  I replied.

A few years ago this little exchange occurred between me and Alayna.  It was at a family gathering, probably a Thanksgiving holiday.  I had been talking about the Christian legacy that had been passed to me and how blessed my life had been because of it.  I appreciated that Alayna took responsibility by saying “depending on me” rather than “depending on us.”  Alayna does not yet have children but I hope she still sees the hope I have in her and each of my children to pass on the Good News that Jesus is the Way, Truth, and Life and our hope of eternal life together.  Long ago, we sang “Will the Circle Be Unbroken.”  It was a good reminder that we will all live, the question is will we be together in Heaven.

I want to take this opportunity to express my appreciation to the young mothers in my family.  Vicky (the first of my young mothers), Terry, Gena, Kristina, Leeah, Mandy, and Renee and Katrina (the last of my young mothers).  Thank you for taking your responsibilities seriously to care for your precious children – their physical needs, their social needs, their educational needs, their emotional needs, and their spiritual needs.  Thank you for my opportunity to influence your children.  I love them dearly.

This entry was posted in Mother's Day, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to MY YOUNG MOTHERS, THANK YOU

1. e says:

Hi Ms. Oneta! Too sweet..e

2. calmkate says:

And all our mothers … they are all precious and work so hard for so little!

You are so right about working hard for a little – unless you consider a home made valentine with hearts all over it as valuable. With the little “hearty” valentine comes an almost guaranteed seventy years of love.

• calmkate says:

profoundly beautiful for you Oneta but sadly your family fortune is not everyones

True. In prayer this morning I was considering the unfortunate mother whose breast does not give enough milk to satisfy her nursing baby. How she must sorrow to know that it will soon not even have that. I pray. But in all honesty, I also voiced my opinion to God that I just wish he would come and set people free from the burdens of this earth. If I were to judge that God made a mistake, it would be in his giving man (and women) control of the earth. Thanks for urging me forward, calmkate. It is more fun to dwell on one’s low supply of Walmart bags, isn’t it? I did notice you referenced that on your blog but I couldn’t find place to reply. It was on your poem.

• calmkate says:

we have free will and I sincerely believe that when we misbehave or make mistakes that must eventually be repaid … we can’t see the connection but what goes down must come round. We all know what is right and wrong and we have the choice … not that I’m saying anyone deserves their hardships but if we live by core values then things can only improve!
            My reference to your bags is my twisted humour, you offer so much Oneta.

You are a pleasure to me. By the way I had to go to my clothes closet today, checked the floor under my clothes, and sure enough, there were some Walmart bags. So I did get my trash cans cleaned! 😀 And you are right about the free will.