WOULD THEY LOVE ME ANYWAY?

low self esteem

My life is a mal de coucou.  But I guard that secret as if it were a Golem’s Truth  As I portray nonchalance and strength, I have a parallel life which consists of a nervous desire to please.  On one hand I’m a social butterfly tending toward being a dazzling, dizzy Lizzy; on the other, I’m a scared, scarred wall flower.  My friends would be awestruck to see the real me – the one behind the background of smoke and mirrors.  Sometimes I want to let it all spill out.  I wonder, “Would they love me anyway?”

*************

Use at least ten of these twelve words, may use alternate form, any order:  Background, Please, Awestruck, Tend, Parallel, Mal de coucou, Smoke, Spill, Nerve, Strong, Desire, Golem’s Truth

image on file with Shutterstock

Tag: Mindlovemisery’s Menagerie and Wordle

This entry was posted in Mindlovemisery's Menagerie and Wordle, Uncategorized, wordle and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to WOULD THEY LOVE ME ANYWAY?

1. Salvageable says:

You have such a wonderful grasp of the inner dealings of the heart. J.

Interesting! Is this part of a writing challenge? Once upon a time I was part of a writer’s group. I loved word challenges. It doesn’t matter as salvageable said above inner dealings of the heart well expressed. Thank you.

3. mandibelle16 says:

Beautiful piece with wonderful descriptions. I want her to find what she needs.

Ir i hard to convince a teen that she is perfectly lovely even if she does not fit the scene.
      So much damage can be done to the young child as she grows up. I had the same problem with raising my sons through those years also.

4. mandibelle16 says:

Not only what she needs but acceptance for herself. That can be difficult to find.

5. A lot of people worry far too much about what others would feel about them and if they would continue to love them if they showed their true selves. I think hiding behind smokes and mirrors must be tiring at the end of the day.

Must be most tiring to pretend an alternate personality. There is someone of all kinds who need to find and help each other. Thanks for commenting, Jacque.