INSOMNIA RELIEF!

sunrise

Sunrise warmth appears,

Driving my darkness away.

Welcome wakefulness!

This entry was posted in Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to INSOMNIA RELIEF!

My mother would have liked your haiku — she battled insomnia her whole life, and often spoke about how glad she was to see the sun come up. I like seeing the sun come up, too, but only because I like a new day.

I wrote that about 4:30 this morning after waking at 2:00. Ended up going back to bed about 5:30 and slept until 8:00. Actually I had considered a different haiku using those words. I might still do it still That is, if I’m awake 2:00 to 5:30 tonight. A new day means you can be up and at ’em again, doesn’t it? Contest with yourself to see what you can produce in 12 hours time. I’m a bit that way myself.

I love the picture and the Haiku which expressed so clearly the situation you were in, I love the Hope that comes with a new day – after illness or valley times – the dawn holds such Promise. Thank you something beautiful to think about.

3. artseafartsea says:

Love the Haiku and the picture. I am kind of an insomniac off and on. Too tired when I am awake during the wee hours to write anything. I usually read. Nice to be creative though.

I don’t often write either. My computer is in another room; it feels too lonesome to leave my room and go into the rest of the house. I generally like to read a book or do sudoku. I don’t consistently have insomnia, but I hate it when it happens. Thanks for the comment. Love the get acquainted opportunity.

4. calmkate says: