So do I understand this fourth assignment right? I am to decide and discuss who I am writing for—otherwise, who is my target audience? Eeeezee! I am writing for anyone younger than I!
‘Nough said! But no, I’ll not stop. Who ever heard of an eighty year plus woman who would give up her platform that easily? Let me “sub-classify” some of my reasons. By “sub-classify I mean “make a list.”
- I’ve got more to say than I can put on my tombstone. (Boy, would I like to stay on this topic for a while. I’d love to have it said of me, as was said of Enoch in the Bible. “Oneta walked with God and God took her.” Now wouldn’t that be something.)
- I hope to show in my writing that life is wonderful—even past twenty-nine!
- I want to be remembered by my descendents for at least a full four generations.
- I want to pay tribute to wonderful people I have known, the wonderful country in which I live, the communities in which I have lived, the churches who have claimed me as their own, the God who sends shivers down my back when I really give him a portion of my time—well, maybe not shivers but tears flow easily in some of those most priceless times.
- I want to be funny now and then.
- I love words. Most of the ones I use are very simple and easy but I like to stir the pot a bit once in a while and say something like: It is my sublime pleasure to utilize a unusually diverse vocabulary in order to energize your brain activity. (I can’t find my thesaurus so I can’t play around much more than that!)
- I love picturesque speech. One of my favorite sentences was regarding Lot’s wife who became a silent stone statue standing still.
- When I die, I don’t want to be “dead and gone.” My precious offspring are going to have me longer than that!
- I want to leave them a hope – my hope – in the eternal. I want them to say, “No way did gramma’s spunk, faith, love, and teachings go to the grave with her.”
That’s it. I’m climbing off the platform. Would someone hand me my cane? Just joking, I don’t need one. Hey that gives me an idea of another thing I want to write about!
(Today June 13, 2017 – Well there have been many days that I had to use the cane since then, even a wheelchair. I guess my idea at that time was to write Cane Pain. Some of you have read it, but if not or if you need another laugh, go see.)