FOUR YEAR ANNIVERSARY

Kenlyn sleep

OK, I cheated!  This is little doll letting her finger nails get dry is the youngest member of my family.  I’m the oldest.  That’s enough similarity for me to use her picture instead of mine.  😀

I am celebrating my four year victory over death.  How am I celebrating?  Sitting here doing what I choose to do.  In no pain, in no worry.    My thanks to Jesus and his caring people. (OK there were probably a few grumps also—amazing how God uses grumps too if he needs to!)

Coumadin satisfactory, blood pressure 128/62, pulse 61, appetite, fully recovered, weight—let’s not go there. Suffice it to say my body’s ability to utilize food works well! Physical Therapy?  Yes, pretty regularly, nearly an hour a day at least five days a week. And sleep? Bring it on. Very irregular but extremely enjoyable! So much for the vitals of my flesh!

How about my spirit?  My vital are good and getting better with age!  I’ve just finished the book of Job (Holy Bible) and I’m rejoicing, knowing God is in control.  He sets the boundaries and the devil doesn’t cross them!  Boundaries he sets are good for us whether we know it or not.  As Job I say “I had heard of him with the ear, but now I have seen him.”

Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm…Out of the storm…Did you get that, Out of the storm?  Whatever your storm, the Lord is in there with you.  Job 36:15 NIV  “But those who suffer he delivers in their suffering; he speaks to them in their affliction.”  If the Lord had not answered, I would never have met that little darling in the picture.  I just bet I have more joys in the years to come.

It is summer and I’m in good company with daisies, butterflies, and hummingbirds.    So thankful.

Have a great weekend and a wonderful last half of 2017.

This entry was posted in aging, God's love, healing, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to FOUR YEAR ANNIVERSARY

1. Roos Ruse says:

I’m celebrating with you, Oneta! Whoot! Whoot! A happy anniversary indeed.

2. Stacey Lynn says:

What a beautiful post! I’m so glad you shared!

Thank you, Stacey. I should have put links to my story. I’ll try to do that tomorrow. Several of my readers have read but I have new readers who might like more details. Here they are: Why Me, Lord https://onetahayes.com/about/ That is where I tell the “what happened” part of the story. What happened to the “me” as I lay on that operating table I tell in “I’m Glad I did Not Die” at https://onetahayes.com/2016/01/31/im-glad-i-did-not-die/ I did not post that until two years had passed. It was just too intense, too personal, too unbelievable for me to lay out for others to see. If you have time please take a look.

3. calmkate says:

no idea you had a close brush, great reason to celebrate 🙂

Acute heart attack and aortic disection in the Colorado Rockies. They flew me by helicopter to Denver and pulled off a miracle. I was at a family reunion when it all blew up!
      Fifteen days in ICU there, then I came home and the that is a repair that is sticking. From ICU with one day in regular room then straight home – 800 miles. Of course, I get myself into other things along the way! My doctor says I’m in great health if I would just cut out the drama. Ha

4. Wooooowhoooo Oneta—-God blessed you but blessed me in having found you here!!!!!!!!

Julie, I don’t know if you have read my posts re: this whole situation. If you haven’t see the links in my answer to Stacey above. Just think if all that had not happened I would never have met all you wonderful blogging friends. Thanks for rejoicing with me.

What a wonderful anniversary — and your blood pressure is better than mine! I’m working on that, though, and it’s not that bad. Here’s to many more years of a happy spirit and a healthy body — and maybe even another baby or two to love on!

Thanks for celebrating with me. Yes my chances are pretty good for more babies. Not from the three who have the ones I enjoy now. They have called it off! But I have several 18-30 something possibilities, not married yet but you never know when the love bug might bite. Not likely very soon but three or four year from now, maybe. They are all long distance now but again, maybe. 😀

6. atimetoshare.me says:

We have all been blessed by your miracle. Thanks be to God❤️❤️

7. Your outlook is wonderful! May God bless you, Oneta, with many years ahead! ❤️🙏

8. e says:

Oh Ms. Oneta!!! How you have my heart!!!! How you fed me….

“I’ve just finished the book of Job (Holy Bible) and I’m rejoicing, knowing God is in control. He sets the boundaries and the devil doesn’t cross them! Boundaries he sets are good for us whether we know it or not.” Now that right there is RHEMA! Thank you.

Cyberhugs x a million!

e

Thank you for letting me know you are with me. You know how blessed I am with my interactions with you. The first I read was your letter to your son – Powerful. Made a notch in my heart that drew me to you.

9. e says:

Reblogged this on authenticitee speaks and commented:
    Hey Authenticitee Speaks Family!

Praying you are well! Welcome new faces! Sharing this piece below from Ms. Oneta’s blog. She has been one of my biggest supporters from the onset!!

xoxo,

e

10. Salvageable says:

Happy anniversary and happy summer. J.

11. Dawn Marie says:

“He sets the boundaries and the devil doesn’t cross them!” Oneta, you often write the most compelling words I need to read, (and ponder upon.) God continues to work through you and I am so grateful He gifted us with these additional years for you to be used as His instrument! Hugs & Blessings….

12. luckyjc007 says:

I love this post and the photo is really precious.

Thank you. . My little doll was ready to sacrifice for those pretty nails mother painted for her. But if you are grounded might as well take a nap. 😀

Great reminder. Value for life often is enhanced 100 fold after a brush with death. Dodging these bowing balls in life makes life itself and ‘faith’ a treasure to be guarded. I love the picture.

Thanks. You are right about a shake-up often resulting in more appreciation for life. I’m glad you like my little girl getting all prettied up by her mama. 😀