SIMPLY LIVING – WONDERFUL!

child praying

THINKING SIMPLY OF SUCH A PROFOUND TRUTH

Mulling over the “breastplate of righteousness” that I wear and how it guards my heart. My mind slips to simple times – eight-year-old times. Do you remember? “Into my heart, into my heart, come into my heart, Lord Jesus. Come in today, come in to stay, come into my heart, Lord Jesus.” And he did—bringing with him my breastplate of righteousness!

Keeping it simple today.  I have to go to blood clinic – a regular practice, to have my INR checked.  No problem but it eats up half a day for me.  That I don’t like.  Glad I’m alive to do it, however.

I am starting a prayer group in my home in a couple weeks so I have to get with some dusting.  Also, I don’t like it, but I’m glad I’m alive to do it.

And then there are lots of things I like to do, like blogging and I am glad I’m alive to do it!  😀

On second thought going to the blood clinic is kinda fun, nice folks I meet.  And the dusting is kind of fun when I get to take off all the books and trinkets, clean them all up make them shine and put them back in nice new places.  Good day ahead!

This entry was posted in Jesus, salvation, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to SIMPLY LIVING – WONDERFUL!

1. wish I was in Colorado to attend the Bible study!!!!

I would love it. Wonder what we will do together in Heaven. Maybe we can do some flower arranging. You would go to far if you go to Colorado; I’m in OKCity, Mustang actually but it is surrounded by OKC. I have a couple I think unique ideas about the Prayer Group. I’ll see if they work; if so, I’ll share. But our main goal is to spend time in prayer renewing love with the Savior and interceding for nation, church, and such. What has spurred the need is a crises regarding children and youth. Wish you were here. But home is going to feel good to you for a bit after all the demanding trips. Be blessed, dear Julie.

• well I must have gotten Colorado from having read something you’ve written about—be it family reunions, heart attacks, grandparents etc….you name it—but OK City is better—much closer to Georgia yet I still think popping over for Bible study might be a stretch….but I did drive right past OK City on over into Texas once non-stop when we did one of the great American family vacations—so much enthusiasm on the front end, with a heavy dose of “are we home yet” on the back end 🙂

I think prayers of intercession are most timely and certainly needed—

I think I’d rather cook than arrange flowers 🙂

You are right on all counts about where those stories have taken place. All my “goof-up” stories took place up there with those Colorado commoners. They bring out the “plebeian” in me. Now these years in OK have perfekted and ejkated me. No funny stories among us Okies, at least not with the perfekted and ejkated ones I hang out with. I got to think ’bout this cooking idea in heaven. ….. Okay, I thought and it will still be heaven to me even if I’m assigned to the cooking crew.

2. atimetoshare.me says:

It is good to be alive. Every day is a gift.

3. 🙂 I am sure there will be plenty of dusting in the prayer sessions and that will be sufficient. 🙂

4. I’ve been having a lot of health issues lately, and sometimes I get so weary, but I, too, am glad I’m alive…glad that a faithful and loving God is ALWAYS near and hears my prayer. I have a lot to be thankful for…grandchildren, a great husband and a rich heritage. God bless you Oneta ❤

So sorry, Karen, that you are having to deal will health issues. They are among the most trying circumstances on this earth. May God lead you through the problems with his peace and comfort, and also bless you with Godly medical men and women of wisdom. And most of all, hold you so near that you can behold his face clearly and the circumstances fade into the darkness. And, if it seems you cannot see him, you are right in knowing He is ALWAYS near, and He will peak through the clouds if necessary to keep his eye on you.

I am certainly glad you are alive to still keep posting and encouraging with your life truths to the rest of us. Would love to come to your Bible Study. Like you as a little child I invited Jesus into my heart. It took thirty years for the full revelation of WHO He is to hit me. A man in my heart seemed too complicated but God as Spirit was a life changing truth. Thank God for Pentecost and thank God indeed for our God who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. One extraordinary Divine God. The Way, the Truth, The Life. In and through ageing, health issues, struggles and strife may we ever confidently walk on knowing His Life in and through us. Blessings dear Oneta. Hope the blood test has great outcome.

Yes, Faye, it was all good. I love how you try to describe God. The more you say, the more you get wound up and the words flow. You just can’t keep him in a thimble, can you? He just keeps getting bigger and better the more you think on him. 😀

6. You have a way of making simple things sound fabulous 🙂