EXCITING ANTICIPATION

anticipation

There are many versions of a parable which consists of a conversation between twins in the mother’s womb.  One questions whether or not there is life after birth, he also questions whether or not there is such a thing as a mom because he has never seen her.

I like this version and it is offered for use by the writer for free distribution so… here

Even God may have a bit of trouble describing heaven for us in language we can understand, since the Bible is not very specific.  Or maybe that is a part of our faith walk and he doesn’t want us to try to wrap our minds around his surprise for his bride/saints.  I Corinthians 2:9  “…No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.”

Yesterday I asked you to mull over your answer to whether heaven seems boring.  What did you decide?  I can almost guarantee those who are Christians, came up with something like this, “I don’t know what Heaven will be, but I sure don’t think it will be boring.”  They make that statement based on their walk with Jesus here on earth.  He is not boring.  At least not for those who will take a risk with him.\

Venturing my opinion on some matters.

1. I do not think we will all automatically be filled with all knowledge and be perfected in our ability to do things.  Therefore, I look forward to all the things there will be to learn from exploring the galaxies to learning to play the violin.

2.  Although I know there will be no need for nurses, emergency personnel, policemen, soldiers, and other caregivers, I do believe there will be need for people who have been honed in their compassion and care giving on earth – “people” people.  Perhaps these people will be the “hospitality” people in heaven.  Maybe one of them will act as my guide to show me where my mom lives.

3.  Will the millions of babies who die on earth still be babies in heaven?  If so, maybe I can be a teacher for them.  And I believe we will learn arts and sciences.  Who will teach me?  Perhaps Mozart and Galileo; perhaps Margie and Joe.  (Who are they? I don’t know.)

4.    There will be leaders (Matthew 25:23 His Lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.)

5.  I think we are safe to expect work and play in zoology and botany, since that was the first work required from Adam even in the midst of Eden.

When we get to Heaven, I might roar with laughter as I pull this blog from my memory museum.  There might not be one word of fulfillment in my assumptions about Heaven!  After all, no mind can conceive… I’m just a baby in God’s womb.  He is all around me and I just barely know him.

CONCLUSION:  ‘TIS A SHAME SO MANY EQUATE HOLINESS WITH BOREDOM!

This entry was posted in Heaven, Jehovah-M'Kaddish, sanctification, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to EXCITING ANTICIPATION

1. Love these thoughts about Heaven!

Thank you very much. We don’t hear much about Heaven. In my past we talked and sang a lot about Heaven. It is still real. Exciting anticipation. I think I am following you at Paws and Pray. I’m curious why you have two? Thanks for visiting me from both if that is what is happening. I’m a bit backward on the advantages of disadvantages of blogging technique.

• Hi Oneta, I agree. Heaven is an exciting topic. I read a book a few years ago about Heaven. The author really took his time going through scripture. I started Pawz and Pray blog several years ago based on the book I wrote called Pawz and Pray, which was basically all life lessons learned from my dogs. My second blog, Sunshine for the Soul, I started last year to have one that’s more broad in topics. It’s basically my author website with the domain name being my name. May I ask, do you think it’s confusing to have two blogs? I’ve been debating closing one of them to just have one. Can’t decide. I’d love your input 😊 thanks. You’re doing great with your blog!

Sounds like very good reasons for two blogs and I like the names of both. If you check my blog very much you will see that I run a wiiiiide range of topics. One reader said I have topics from his hand to his elbow. Makes it hard to answer the question, What do you write about? I think “living,” “inspiration,” and “funny stories” go together fine! I think we need a consciousness that Jesus is present in all we do. Saying that, I think you could combine your stories very well. Thanks for the interaction. A blogger of my own heart.:D

2. I look forward to a reunion in heaven with loved ones passed on. We will be able to explore and move and communicate in ways we cannot here. I look forward to awesome times of worship. Lots of laughter…no more tears, no sickness. This song still brings tears to my eyes…I would love to hit notes like this in heaven. ❤ I can imagine this moment, face to face, and I don't think anything else will matter… https://youtu.be/KZ3H3lg9NZM. Love you dear Oneta.

3. I don’t know Oneta—I’ve never thought it would be boring…but it does scare me a bit as it is simply so Awesome and so much greater than anything I can imagine…it scares me…but in an overwhelming good way…

No body but God can pull off this amazing dream for us. But then he is God. He said he would. He will. Jesus said, “I go to prepare a place for you…and if I go I will come again…” Amazing. I’ll see you there. 😀 And, yes, if I try too hard to wrap my mind around it, I come to asking myself, Do you really believe this? My answer is, Yes, I do. After all it is no more impossible than creating me in the first place; he can and well re-create me for heaven. Can one imagine the he would ever have had the mind to grow me in my mother’s womb then pop me out into this world?

Your last sentence confirms to me what was preached in church today. As secularism rises across our world more and more folk sadly, even some in the Christian Church. have lost their comprehension of what true HOLINESS both being perfected in us, and certainly to be found in heaven. We do have scriptural evidence the angels are worshipping continually round the Throne. No boredom evidenced there. They cry….”Worthy, O Worthy is the Lamb. Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty! Such holiness defies comprehension and that I believe in the unknown or fully comprehended HOPE of our journey through this life. Blessings and thank you.

Oh, Faye, I rejoice with you. It will be marvelous. I choose Him. It is beyond concept that anyone would rather take their chances on nothing after death or hell after death when God made such a plan for us and gave his son to see it made possible. Glory! Thanks be to our God on High.

5. thewayonline says:

I love this post. I too think often about Heaven and I can’t wait to see Jesus and give him a hug…can you imagine? Or have tea with Paul or see Elijah or meet Mary or Joseph or talk to Daniel about the lions den or meet Peter or John the Baptist! It’s going to be a reunion to our real family!