being with Jesus

walking with Jesus

Consider with me the precious promise from Jesus: “I am with you always.” How often we encourage ourselves with those words! And I’m afraid we also find excuse for compromising with those words.

I suggest we turn the table on Jesus today and say, “Jesus, I am with you always.”

Imagine not going anywhere that Jesus is not there first inviting me to come.  What if I tag along with him rather than his tagging along with me.

Imagine not doing anything that is not patterned after Jesus in which he says he does nothing but what he sees the Father do.

Imagine not saying anything which is not said in love, wisdom, and discernment.

Thank you, Jesus, for being with me always. I’m really considering vowing a vow that I will always be with you. Can I do that?

How much time do I spend doing things that are “neutral” not really harmful but not doing much good either.  How much time is too much time for me to just zone out?

I know theology; I know I’m wholly dependent on grace and mercy. I’m not saved by works; I am saved “unto good works.”  Do I have wasted time that I can convert to “good works?”

Today I’m talking where the rubber meets the road. Evaluation day, not terribly pleasant.

This entry was posted in Christianity, inspiration, Jesus, Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to being with Jesus

1. Dawn Marie says:

Praise be for the willing heart to be near enough to His that we desire only to please Him. Thank you Oneta, for the opportunity to ponder if I am.

Thank you, Dawn. My daughter-in-law told me a bit ago, “I love him,” talking about my son. It filled me with joy. It delights be to know others who love him and want to please him. Sometime the songs about “Just Want to Praise Him” fall flat when the rest of one’s life seems not to care. Thank you for loving him. He deserves it!

2. Amen!

Don’t worry too much about “evaluation day.” It’s an open book test and God loves is dearly. 🙂

Maybe it is because I am well “over the hill” that I evaluate more about works that will stand and those that will be burned. I hope to offer him pure gold. How tragic for those who say, “But Lord, didn’t we…..” and he responds to go away “I never knew you.” Matthew 25:34+ Thanks, IB.

3. thewayonline says:

❤️ good works are evidence of a saved soul…nothing more. I mean a grape vine can’t bear lemons…therefor a person truly grafted into the vine of Jesus CANNOT HELP but to bear fruit of the Spirit… so in all actuality it is not me or you or anyone else that is doing the good works….it is the Spirit that dwells in us after salvation…we can’t help but be fruitful in Jesus!

I agree with you. I believe one cannot be a “new creature” without there being some affect on that creature and some effect on his actions and attitude. I think growing in the fruit of the Spirit inevitable demands “good works” (or acts). Like if you love your neighbor as yourself, surely you will spend some time and effort to seeing that he knows Jesus. Thanks for your comment.

4. atimetoshare.me says:

What a lovely thought. I’m with you ❤️

5. Roos Ruse says:

What a lovely proposition, Oneta. And what remarkable timing you posting it today as I’ve been praying and fasting on the subject – not stepping away without Him. Isn’t He wonderful?!

Important post and important to occasionally re-evaluate how we really are living. On my datepad this morning…………..Think….really think of world you carry within you. (ie Christ IN us the Hope of Glory)( Rainer Maria Rilke wrote the comment above). Yes indeed the responsibility we have because He does live within us (thank God for the Holy Spirit) Yet your reminder is so important. He will not push forward we must live as His People but His Presence within should make us significantly different against the backdrop of the world we live in. How grateful am I for encouraging bloggers and heart-connections we have on the journey. Thank you Oneta.

Thank you, Faye. I also am so glad for the inspiration and admonitions I get via the bloggers. There are so many, like you, who are solid Christians full of wisdom and truth. Christ in them and they in Christ. Wonderful.