RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH

rapture

How would it be possible to not connect “looming chaos” with Irma on this particular day.  But I’m going a different route.

I believe there will be a rapture of the church at which time Christ will call all his believers to exit this earth in a sudden unannounced time.  The Bible calls it  “in the twinkling of an eye.” (I Cor. 15:52)

This will be victory for the saints, but such chaos will be left behind.  The Bible also says one on the housetop, one in the bed, one will be taken the other left.  My scenarios would be something like this:

1. A man is lighting a fire for his fireplace. He is taken away, he drops the match the house burns.

2. Several women disappear from behind the wheels of the cars they are driving. The cars rock and reel causing pile-ups right and left.

3. A train engineer is gone. The train reels over the bridge and lands in the lake.

4. A young husband goes into a nursery where he expects to see his wife and child. No one is there.

Of course the scenes of tragedy are manifold.  It is definitely a LOOMING CHAOS for all who will be left on earth.

Prompt “Looming Chaos”  by Michelle Cook  September Writing Prompts

Last year I posted a blog called “Can I Be Good Enough” regarding a dream I had in which I had not gone in the rapture.  Several of you have read it; others are new to me and probably have not.  https://onetahayes.com/2016/05/10/can-i-be-good-enough/

This entry was posted in September writing prompts, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH

1. Wally Fry says:

Well, for what it’s worth, I happen to believe in a pre-tribulational rapture!

2. ~M says:

Looming chaos for sure!

3. Wally Fry says:

Ha, it works! Like I said, that is pretty long, and my rapture thoughts are way at the end.

4. Interesting thoughts about looming chaos. I’m so glad you’re participating in this!! ❤️

YES! I also believe in a post-tribulation rapture and wonder how much more unravelling of what is God’s Will has to occur on the earth until this happens. Salvation assured for all who believe. I could never be good enough but my Saviour is. On Him alone I must depend. The carnage in this world …..how wonderful if we could be translated BUT…….perhaps there is a lot more we have to do by simply be ALIVE in Him. Blessings!

Do you believe Christians will be on earth during all seven years of great tribulation; then be raptured? Or do you believe Christians will be raptured before the tribulation? I’m not sure which you mean. Either way it is good to know we will go with Jesus whether dead or alive. Thanks for the comment.

6. The rapture is a future reality for all believers in Christ. And the world will not be the same again after it.

7. Roos Ruse says:

What an excellent message, Oneta. After reading about yet another senseless school shooting today I can’t help but to keep looking up longingly. I’ve heard the different theories about when the rapture will happen and they all have merit. Personally I try to focus upon guiding or taking as many souls as possible along whenever it happens! Great post!!