A WORMY ISSUE

silkworm

SILK WORM: SHEDS THREE SKINS

ENLARGING ITS HOUSE FOR GROWTH.

MARVEL OF NATURE!

This entry was posted in haiku, Ronovan Writes Haiku Challenge, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A WORMY ISSUE

1. Pastor Randy says:

Oh, so to grow, one must experience change by letting go of the old, often comfortable? Amazing that silk worms know this, but church members….well, I’ll just stop here!

I have the point. But I’m not sure whether the worm changed in order to grow or changed because he was growing. Either way he produced more of the same thing; he didn’t become something else. So does the analogy fit. I don’t know. This takes some thinking. 😀

• Pastor Randy says:

Well, now, I hadn’t thought about it like that, and you may have a great point. Oh, wait, maybe a better analogy would be “it depends”. When one is growing in Christ, we are “pruned” (getting rid of what is there, John 15) so that we can produce more of the same. But if the silkworm doesn’t shed it’s skin, it can’t get bigger to produce more, even of the same… Wow, Oneta, you got me thinking deep here…..let me get back to you on this one…..love it!

I had a little bit of a head start, because I considered a few “insights” that might be drawn from my “silk worm” before I printed it. In particular, I asked myself how it might apply to me. Didn’t arrive at a conclusion, but I did mull it over. 😀

Like the butterfly the silkworm is eventually ‘reborn’. I like the analogy of gradually change. Pastor Randy has got me really thinking on this one. Some folk in church never want to change in any way yet to be more like Christ we must accept gentle change. (ultimately ro be reborn into His Divine Image. (Oh I really must take all of this to prayer). Thank you Oneta. Much to think about.

“Change” is so much the politically religious thing to do these days. The motivation for change can be quite “iffy.” An awfully lot of churches want to change in ways they have seen others do only because it attracted more people. The quality of service and depth of commitment seems not as important as the number of people. But I agree that number does represent souls. I’m just thankful that the Lord builds his church. And when it is possible I believe he does it in local fellowships. Too big an issue for this comment.

3. Vashti Q says:

Both our poems are about the silkworm! You know what they say––great minds . . .