PINK-PANSY-PERSUASION

pansies

Gardening is too much work for all year round.

Stripped for the winter all through the town.

Leaves raked, lawn mowed, roses pruned.

Trimmed vines, stored tools, and bandaged wounds.

No, fall flowers are not for me!

They’re just too much work, don’t you see?

I’m going to Walmart to buy a good book.

Going to take it easy for a while …… oh, look!

Do you see those pink pansies?  Just right for the occasion.

Thus I fall again to the pink-pansy-persuasion.

M’s October prompt #4 “pink persuasion”

This entry was posted in October writing prompts, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to PINK-PANSY-PERSUASION

Your pink pansy persuasion reminded me in a flash of a song from the late sixties. Remember “Crystal Blue Persuasion”? There was some fine music back in those days — good music to pot plants by (as opposed to planting pot, which I suppose some did!).

Pot plants/planting pot – cute contrast. No, I don’t remember; I wasn’t much into the sixties music. I liked some, however, wasn’t that about the time of these? Patti Page, Elvis, John Denver, Tony Bennett, Pat Boone. I guess Judy Garland was before that. And the Beach Boys. The decades somewhat blend when they are that long ago.

• shoreacres says:

All of those were popular in the sixties, although Judy Garland was a little earlier. Still, her “Wizard of Oz” movie was on tv regularly — I remember watching it. Just before the sixties, some of my real favorites were Perry Como and Frank Sinatra — plus the Dixieland jazz that my dad liked.

2. ~M says:

This is cute. 😉

3. Roos Ruse says:

I enjoyed every word, Oneta. Resisting the impulse to plant a fall or winter garden is an ongoing challenge too – until I remember my disappointing first year crop here. Spring will come soon enough – and all the extra work!

Glad you understand, Roo. If banks wouldn’t dress up their beds and the city wouldn’t do the town corners, I could pretend nothing would grow in the winter! 😀

if only the seasons were more clearly defined here. Spring came with such a burst of high summer, gardens and flowers were sizzled from the start. But it became cold again so……..eager growth simply died again. Thank God for the adaptation of our native varieties. Imported do not survive for long. Just watering some of the weaker is my task at this time of year. I love journeying with you through all the sharing and changes even climatically that make our lives ‘different’. Wonderful to think that our God is unchanging. He is with us wherever on this planet our early body resides. Blessings and love.

Yes, I also enjoy being near those who are far away. Truly it does enlarge my thinking to hear first hand from those of God’s children in various parts of the earth.

5. Pingback: October Writing Prompt Participants | Putting My Feet in the Dirt